Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Interview with All Became New!!!

Band: All Became New
Genre: Christian/Hardcore
Hometown: Madison, Indiana

Here are the members of the band:

Danny Adams (Vocals)

Sam Ernst (Guitar)

Matt Boyle (Drums)

Gregg Martin (Guitar/Vocals)

Ezekiel Vasquez (Bass)

 Below are their group responses:
1.      What inspired you guys to play music?

 All Became New as a whole is inspired by God to play music and share the gospel.

 2.      How has music changed your life?

Being able to play music as a part of our ministry is a true blessing from God and has shown us our calling. We believe it is a great tool to reach out and be exposed to people that consider music a big part of their lives.

3.      What bands do you guys listen to and how have they shaped your music?

 Danny: Refused, Comeback Kid, and The Chariot. The reason I wanted to play music was Minor Threat.

Matt: Blink 182, Stray From The Path, and Ceremony. I really wanted to create something I was proud of and I appreciated the bands who wrote innovative music.

Gregg: The Ghost Inside, Poison The Well, and Ascend The Hill. I would say the versatility of different influences has helped me broaden my style of music.

Zeke: The Ramones, Deftones, and Rancid. Punx not dead.

Sam: Hatebreed, Smiley Kids, and Bury Your Dead are the three bands that showed me that music is energy and it keeps up with my ADD. I also enjoy Snoop Dogg J.

4.      What advice do you guys have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?

 If you plan on being in a hardcore band, don't consider it your career to support a family by any means. Welcome to scrub life. Prepare to be broke and have a crummy job. If you find something you're good at - keep it in mind for your livelihood after you have finished playing music. Hardcore is all about having something positive to stand for. Legitimately do it for the ministry and be prepared to live outside your comfort zone. We don’t mind doing the hardship because it is all for the glory of God.

5.      Where did you guys get the idea for the name of your band?

2nd Corinthians 5:17

6.      What do you guys want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?

We all love Milli Vanilli, Michael Jackson, and chili dogs.

7.      What are you guys thinking when you are on stage?

As a whole we are very in the heat of the moment while feeling and channeling the energy typical of a hardcore show into our ministry. There is a lot of emotion in our live show.

Sam: I try and keep a worshipful mindset, while keeping the kids pumped up. I also like to focus on the fiery eagle flying about the room.

Danny: Focused on the Taco Bell coming up after the show and speaking on behalf of my entire band's ministry.

Matt: The energy of our songs, the crowd, and bringing the spirit into our music.

Gregg: I try to stay focused on the spirit and our energy, while trying to keep a mind set on worship.

Zeke: What Gregg said, and I imagine that I am Deedee Ramone in the 80's. Pray no one asks for us to play 'Freebird' J.

8.      What does your family think of your music?

Danny: Even though I chose this over a free ride in college, my family knows I love this and that I am doing it for God, so they support it on those grounds.

Gregg: My family is very supportive of what I do, especially spiritually. They have always encouraged me throughout my life with music and have always pushed me to grow musically.

Zeke: They are such a blessing and they financially help out when they can, so I can keep doing the ministry I am called to.

Matt: I have their full support, they legitimately enjoy the music we play, and are proud of what I am doing and what it stands for.

Sam: Despite my brother's fiancee being mosh-attacked and my dad getting flipped off at a show, they positively support it and my dad says "The hair stands up on the back of my neck" ,when he listens to our music. That's pretty cool J

9.      What is your favorite food that you guys eat when you are on tour?

Taco Bell, Skyline Chili, Qdoba, Burger King, any chinese buffet, tahitian treat, spam, vienna sausages, cheez-its, pizza, lunchables, fruit snacks, sour patch kids, arnold palmer, tru-moo chocolate milk, Subway, beef jerkey, trail mix, sunflower seeds, chips, campbell's soup-to-go, combo's (pizzeria style), corn nuts, and a delicious bass J

10. Which song is your favorite that you guys created together as a band?

That is a tough question, seeing as we really love our new album as a whole. Certain aspects in our songs make every song worth being our personal favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment