Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Interview with Bruno Benetton Free Band!!!

Here are the members of the band:
Tomáš Palonder - lead vocal
Krížko - piano, back vocal
Mustafa - guitar, back vocal
Juraj Varga - bass, back vocal
Marek Hradský - the magic guitar
Michal Danielis - keyboards, pc
Michal Uličný - drums

 
Name: Bruno Benetton Free Band
Genre: Rock, Pop, and Electro

Below are their group responses:
1. What inspired you guys to play music?  
Tomas: Music has always been my escape from reality. Being an 11 year old boy, I didn´t know what I wanted from life or who I was, when suddenly I saw a video of Guns N´Roses on MTV. From that moment on, I realized this is what defines me and what I would love to do too.
Mustafa: Everybody on the earth has an individual relationship with music and so do I. When I was 16, my best friend inspired me to buy a bass guitar and till that day the best way to express my emotion is through that musical instrument. My inspirations come from mood, music, and the life experiences I go through on a daily basis.  
Krizo: My girlfriend, my life. A deep inspiration for me is also my most favorite musician, Freddie Mercury.

2. How has music changed your life?   
Tomas: Music is the most intimate language for me. Music is in my mind 24 hours a day. It is almost like an illness because there is always some music switched on in my mind subconsciously. I don´t feel the need to consume drugs or alcohol when I am playing music because I can heal my soul with this precious medicine. It may sound funny, but I think music is like an herb.       
Mustafa: My life has changed totally because all day I am at the practice room with my band or playing gigs. I am living the life of a musician. 
Krizo: Music shapes every aspect of my life, so is difficult to say what it changed.

3. What bands do you guys listen to and how have they shaped your music? 
Tomas: Alice In Chains, Jane´s Addiction, Suicidal Tendencies, Led Zeppelin, INXS, The Who, Rage Against The Machine, KORN, James Brown, Jimmy Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Nine Inch Nails, KYUSS, Monster Magnet, Public Image Ltd, Faith No More, Soundgarden, Audioslave, DOWN, Pantera, Cypress Hill, Tricky, Faithless, Massive Attack, Prodigy, Skinny Puppy, Young Gods and many more.
Everyone in the band comes from different music background, so we often argue during the songwriting process. At the end we always find the best compromise that sounds like nothing I have heard before.
Mustafa: Selah sue, Florence and The Machine, Leon Jean Marie, Kings of Leon, foo fighters, and many others. I think subconsciously I put all that stuff in to my musical ideas.
Krizo: I like any kind of music because I literally listen to everything starting with opera ending with folk music, but my most favorite is rock.  

4. What advice do you guys have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?  
Tomas: Listen to yourself and analyze it soberly. Ask people what they think about your songs and try to find the best compromise between your craziness and people’s ability to dig it.
Mustafa: Work hard and every time you need to be ready to kill your babies (songs) the strongest ideas will survive, focus on the detail, and don’t lost your attention on that. You also need to make compromises because the school of music is everywhere around you, you need to sacrifice everything for your love: Music.
Krizo: It is very important to know the right people in music business. 

 5. Where did you guys get the idea for the name of your band? 
Tomas: Mustafa invented it. He probably wanted us to sound very exotic yet trustworthy. 
Mustafa: It was guitarist Michael’s idea from my ex band, he created it at one  of his private parties. It was a name that sounded good and remaining us of some Italian style.
Krizo: It was Mustapha´s idea. 

  6. What do you guys want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?  
Tomas: Our video and music production had nearly zero budgets. We are greatly thankful to our friends who helped us in this way.  
Mustafa: I want to say that the most important thing we want to keep in our band is friendship, love, understanding, and detachment. Also, everything is about communication, compromises, and understanding.
Krizo: I would like to tell them that we love them.

7. What are you thinking when you guys are on stage?
Tomas: What are the lyrics in the second verse? or can we really be louder than Metallica tonight?
Mustafa: I am proud, excited, and enjoying the show. I am also checking the people reactions to our music.  
Krizo: When I am on stage, I am always excited because I love to know that the fans feel happy with our music.

8. What does your family think of your music?
Tomas: My mom prefers the mellow songs generally. Dad likes all of our songs, but always makes a funny expression on his face when he tries to recall what famous band in history that song reminded him of.
Mustafa: My family loves my music, but my biggest fans are my brother and girlfriend. I am so thankful for them because they help me progress my music.  
Krizo: My family stays behind me.  

9. What is your favorite food that you guys eat when you are on tour? 
Tomas: Mainly pizza, burgers, nachos, pancakes, fish, risotto and pasta.
Mustafa: I am always trying to choose the healther items, but it is pretty hard because of the fast foods and Gas station diets I have been using lately. 
Krizo: Rum (haha) 

10. Which song is your favorite that you guys created together as a band? 
Tomas: Mainly songs from our upcoming album. As from the previous one, it would be You´re My Mate and For Sure. 
Mustafa: I think it is a new song called "Evermore" it will be on our new album. 
Krizo: Vykam!!! 


1 comment: