Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Interview with Dave Newton of Fast Times!!!

Dave Newton was a solo artist, but now is in a band that needs to be heard because great talent is hard to find these days. Fast Times is a band that carries their voice far and recognize the importance of true musical talent. I got the opportunity to interview Dave about his musical life and see what he has to say about it.

Below are his responses:

1. If you could describe your music in one word, what would it be and why?

Pure!!! The music I have been writing is exactly what I want to do. I am not compromising my personal taste for once and it feels amazing.

2. What makes your music stand out from the rest?

It seems to have it’s own vibe. I can't exactly compare it to another pop-rock band, which is a great thing to be able to say J

3. What is the dream band you would like to tour with and why?

Blink 182 (of course)!! They are the sole band that inspired me to play music.

4. What do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?

Don't force it J Let your music flow and make sure you surround yourself with people that want the same things and that you literally trust with your life!!!

5. What do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?

There is NOTHING I enjoy more than interacting with you guys and you should never be hesitant about talking to me about anything. I want to know as many of you as I can J All my fans have a place in my heart <3!!!

6. What are you thinking when you are on stage?

My first thought, is how lucky I am for this opportunity to be on stage and have all those great kids out there supporting me.

7. What does your family think of your music?

My family is ridiculously supportive of me playing music. They blast every band I have been in, whenever we have company. I am very blessed to have them because the more support the better.  

8. What song is your favorite that you guys created together as a band?  

Well my new band "Fast Times" will be releasing mid March and I'd have to say my favorite song we've done so far is entitled "Nervous"




No comments:

Post a Comment