Saturday, May 5, 2012

Interview with Shelby Lynne

Shelby is amazing because she has volunteered in so many places and was part of Little Kids Rock for a few years.

I had the opportunity to interview Shelby Lynne.

Below are Shelby's responses:

1. What other talents beside music do you enjoy doing and why?

I love to draw, garden, and cook. These things always fill me up...I love
anything that opens the mind to being creative, positive.

2. How has music changed your life?

Music Is the greatest force in my life. Whether I am making music or
listening to music, I can't really imagine my world without expression
through song.
3. Where do you get your inspiration to play music?

I am inspired by life and the situations that arise while living it. I
observe the world through musical eyes and try to see the poetry in all
parts of it.

4. What challenges have you been through in music and how have you overcome
them?

The only real challenges have been what has gotten me here today. Like any
career you live and learn. I'm continually living and learning.

5. How long have you worked with Little Kids Rock and why is it important to
you?

I was asked to join the LKR benefit and love the opportunity to bring people
together for a cause that gives kids music lessons and instruments. Music
brings people together of all ages. Music is important in all communities.

6. Why have you donated guitars to Little Kids Rock and how do you feel this
has impacted individuals?

I was asked to draw a piece of art on a guitar that was auctioned off a
couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed doing it. I was more than glad
to do it.

7. What messages are you trying to depict in your songs?

I don't have a specific message in my songs. I write what I feel in hopes of
reaching a common bond with everyone who listens.

8. Over the years, how has music changed and what aspects of the music
"business" do you wish were better?

The music business is one thing. Making music is another. If you make music
because it's your passion that shines through. I make music for my life
because I am moved to do just that. I feel like I was born to share music
with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment