Thursday, May 10, 2012

Interview with Struan Shields!!!

Struan Shields is a man of music with an emphasis on pop/rock and acoustic. His new EP "If I'm Being Honest" is now available for preorder on iTunes! http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/if-im-being-honest-ep/id516261653 He loves to chat with his fans, so take the time to message him and see what his music is all about.

I had the honor to interview him and below are his responses:

1. What inspired you to play music?
As a little kid I would daydream about being a singer and writing songs. My mom played guitar and piano and would show me a thing or two. Growing up, I would just strum on her spanish classical guitar and pretend to "write songs." My brother bought "Abbey Road" by the Beatles when I was in first grade and I fell in love with rock & roll. Eventually I talked my parents into buying me my own guitar and that brought me to where I am today.

2. Does your family support your music and why or why not?
Without a doubt!!! I would not be playing music if it was not for my family. Both my parents are very musical and in addition to funding lessons when I was growing up, were always at every performance. Whenever I have a hometown show they come out if they are in town.

3. If you were the president, what would be the first thing you would do?
Resign...it would be the most patriotic thing I could do (haha).

4. How has music changed your life?
It has changed in countless ways. It is a big part of who I am and the songs I write are a good representation of where I am at in my life and have helped shape me as a person. It has given me a passion and a dream that has played a role in nearly all the big decisions I have made in my life.

5. If you could describe your music in one word, what would it be?
Honest.

6. What would you ask your fans if you could ask them anything?
Would you still love me if I had a mullet? (haha)

7. What outrageous experiences do you have with fans?
For the most part everyone is super polite and normal, although on one occasion a drunk woman pulled a switch blade on me. Another time on tour a fan wandered into the green room and walked in on me stepping out of the shower. I was pretty naked (haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment