Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Interview with Emily Fertig (Lead Vocalist) for Shine Bright Baby

Here are the members of the band + their twitter pages, so you the fans can stay connected:


Emily - lead vocals
Twitter:emilyirenesings
Nathan - guitar
twitter:nathanfertig
Hudson - bass/vocals
twitter:hudsontaylor
Josh - guitar/vocals
twitter:joshualeefink
Karl - drums
twitter:karlwendel


I interviewed Emily Irene Fertig (Lead Vocalist)!!!!!

Here are the questions I asked her and her responce is right under it:

1. What inspired you to play music?
 
Music was always a part of my life, from a time when I was young. I learned early on that I had an artistic personality and I am always being inspired by my surroundings. So it was pretty natural for me to end up in music.

2. How has music changed your life?
Music has always been a part of my life, inspiring me and getting me through hard times. On the other hand, my band, Shine Bright Baby has changed my life completely. Music as a career is vastly different then music as a hobby. There are so many more facts to it that you need to be able to understand.
3. What bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?
I am always listening to something different each time I listen to my ipod. I navigate towards female vocalists in music. I love Tegan and Sara, Shiny Toy Guns, and lately Britney Spears new album (its a masterpiece!). I love a good hard hitting melody with a thumping groove. I am sucker for dance music because I love to move. Thus, I think that dancey/anthemic sounds shows in our music.
4. What advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?
If you want a career in music know what you are getting into. Learn everything you need to know about the music industry like it was on the back of your hand. Study how to be the best at what you are. Then be prepared to work your tail off and make friends with everyone you meet. That's the best advice I can give to all you music lovers out there.
 
5. Where did you get the idea for the name of your band? 
'Shine Bright Baby' comes from a passage in Phillipians 2 where it says to shine brightly as stars in the universe. I always loved the idea of light and us being lights for Christ in a dark world.
6. What do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?
Hm, I don't know! I am under 5 foot 2 inches.. Not that it's anything to be proud of (haha)
 
7. What is racing in your mind before you go on stage?

I just try to keep my mindset off myself. It's easy to be completely focused on yourself right before walking onstage. I think about the kids and how much I love plus appreciate them. I think about honoring God. I think people can sense the drive you get when you are onstage and about to preform the greatest song you have ever written.


Shine Bright Baby is not just any ordinary band because they have one thing on their minds and it is the fans. You might ask yourself: "What can I the fan do to help the people that love and support me with music that makes everyday a little brighter?" It is very simple because all you have to do is go on their facebook page: Shine Bright Baby and like their page. That is a small step of appreciation, but a great first step none the less.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment