Sunday, July 17, 2011

Interview with Travis Carp (vocalist) for Am I Alive!!!!!!

Here are the members of the band:

Travis Carp - Vocals
Brandon Adcock - Guitar
Glen Morse - Guitar
Zackery Elmhorst - Bass
John Barcellano - Drums/Programming

I interviewed Travis Carp (vocalist) for Am I Alive and below is the questions I asked him and he responded right under them:
1. what inspired you to play music?
   
Well I started playing music when I was 16 and my girlfriend at the time played guitar. So I thought it would be cool if I learned how to play guitar so I could impress her. (haha) Singing was a different story because my mom always sung around the house and singing grew on me over time.
2. how has music changed your life?
I honestly don’t know where I would be without music in my life. It has really helped carry me through some rough times I’ve faced in my life. It has also helped shape me into the person I have become today.
3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?

Bands such as Saosin, Lower Definition, Life One Repeat, Versa Emerge, Armor For Sleep, and Underoath really give me a great perception of how originality can really be made into something amazing plus beautiful. Am I Alive really tries to look outside of the box, just like all of these bands have.

4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?
Honestly, do what you feel. Music is about expression, but it seems that bands have forgot that recently. A lot of bands now a days fall into the same pool of one another and get swallowed up because they don’t stand out! Make a name for yourself and step out of the box. Find yourself!!!!!

5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?

Me and our guitarist Glen Morse actually named the band name. I wanted a name that could really explain who we were as a band and what we stood for. The name came from an idea I had when the economy started going under and things really started to change, especially people. I wanted something that could be a state of mind that people could ask themselves “am I truly alive?”, “Am I going to be the light in everyones darkness?”, “Am I going to show people what it truly feels to be alive?” It’s just a positive name that we want everyone to enjoy the finer things in life. That’s what the name means to us.

6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?
This is actually the first band I have ever just been the vocalist for. I have played an instrument and I sung back ups for every other band I have been in.
7. what is racing your mind before you go on stage?
So much races in my mind before I hit the stage; The adrenaline plu excitement of doing something that I love, all of the amazing fans that sing the lyrics and enjoying the music that we put our hearts into. Plus, that I am truly blessed to have 4 of the best guys I have ever known to share a stage with.

Am I Alive sing songs that have Alternative/Rock/Pop basically a little bit of everything that makes people want to go on youtube and listen in to their lyrics. Travis is an amazing vocalist because he has one thing on his mind and that is to make you (the fans) happy as can be!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment