Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Interview with Another Option

Here are the band members:


Kyle Therrien
Andrew Calheta
Cameron Raubeson
Matt Dilecce



The names that are in bold are the ones that I was able to interview!!!


Here are the questions I asked Cameron and he answered them below:


1. what experiences do you have with the music industry and how has it changed your life?
2. what do you plan on doing to make the band: Another Opinion different and unique?
3. How did you get interested in music and who was your number one influence that helped your music abilities grow over the years?
4. What advice do you have for others that want to be in the music industry?
5. Why did you join the band: Another Opinion?
6. If you could describe the moment you found out that you would be a part of a band in one word, what would it be?
1). I've been in and out of bands, playing out, and touring for the past 10 years of my life. In those years I've met some amazing people, made friends I would have never made, and been to places I never thought I would have all because of my love for music and playing drums --and to think I almost threw out the towel recently.


2). Well its funny you should ask that because Ian and I have VERY similar styles when it comes to playing. Perhaps there wont be a change? Who knows though, I am excited to write music with these guys and tour my butt off with them!


3). I joined the elementary school band and picked percussion because it seemed to be the coolest instrument to play. This lead to playing a full kit in middle school and going on to jam around friends for fun with my spare time. This all lead up to me playing my first show in the 6th grade with my friends Jim and Sean, and to be honest ever since then I've been going strong playing.


4). My advice to someone young that wants to go out and play music is to just go out and do it. It does not matter what you sound like, what you look like, or anything like that. In my experience, parents would rather listen to the racket in the garage or basement a few days out of the week then have to worry about what kind of trouble their kids are getting into on the streets. Get together with your friends, play your instruments, and enjoy each others company because when it comes down to it, that's the best part about playing music, right?


5). I found out about Another Option through a kid I went to college with. I never listened to them or had any sort of inclination as to what they would sound like by their name but years later my friends played a show with them and I was completely blown away. I love this style of music, more so than other genres I have played, and that's what had attracted me to them.


6). I think ecstatic would be a pretty good adjective


Here are the questions I asked Andy and Matt and their responses are right below it:


1. what inspired you to play music?
2. how has music changed your life?
3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?
4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?
5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?
6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?
7. what is racing your mind before you go on stage?


Starting with Andy:


1. What inspired me to play music was basically at 14 yrs old me and Kyle (also in my band), would listen to bands like Blink 182 and Green Day, all day long and pretty much where in love with everything to do with being in a band so we picked up some instruments and started jamming.
2. Music has changed my life more then anything, Because of music and this band I have been able to travel the whole U.S and U.K, Ive met so many amazing people and have gotten the opportunity to me and work with alot of my Musical Heroes
3. Currently I have been listening to bands like Hawkboy and Right Away Great Captain. They add an element of originality to their music which we also like to do and i listen to alot of Hip-Hop which helps with me making some groovy bass lines haha
4. Never give up, Always keep pushing. Its lots of work, stress, dedication, and money but as long as it is making you happy then keep going. I love it and would not change it for the world
5. Honestly we were young and not sure what to call our band the name kinda just stuck (haha)
6. I want my fans to know that I am a very sociable guy, so anytime you see me come talk to me and i also love meeting new people so don't be shy come say hi.


7. Before I go on stage there isn't much going through my mind besides lets have a good time, playing live is my favorite thing to do so my mind is nice and clear and I don't have a worry in the world when I am up there.
Here is what Matt said:
1. to be honest , my dad used to be in a band. and he started to teach me simple guitar chords.
2. music has changed my life so much. because of this band I have gotten the opportunity to travel around the country endless amounts of times, and travel all around the UK meeting so many amazing people. The best feeling is when someone says that your music has impacted their life. that's when you know that sleeping in a van, not eating or showering is all worth it.
3. the bands i mostly listen to are As cities burn, This Providence, and Daphne loves derby all for different reasons mostly in their styles of guitar playing.
4. some advice i would give would be to take any opportunity to play that you can. whether its to 5 people or 500 people all you need is that one person to see you. and most of all have fun and love what you do and roll with the punches because the music industry sucks financially and will send your life on a roller coaster.
5. the band name was already chosen when i joined in the band in 2009
6. i want my fans to know how much their support means to me. they will never fully understand how much each "like" or "play" or showing up to a show really means to me.
7. usually before i play a show, i listen to the band Emarosa to hype me up on the drive there. and right before i go on, all i can think about is playing songs and hoping I can see people singing along.


Another Option is a band that says that you have a place where you can go to look for real musical talent and  home of creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment