Thursday, April 19, 2012

Interview with Anchors Away!!!

Band: Anchors Away

Genre: Alt/Pop/Rock

Hometown: San Diego


1.      Where did you get the idea for the name of your band?

I wrote a huge bio on our Facebook page about why the band name is Anchors Away!, (www.facebook.com/anchorsawayofficial) but in short, I started the band to kind of reach out to people who are hurting or depressed because I was at that point in my life not too long ago. I want to help people with their problems and the Anchors are a metaphor for depression, pain, or hurting. I want to help people throw those problems or "anchors" away. Therefore, I named the band "Anchors Away!" (:

2.      How has music changed your life?

Music has done so much for me. Writing songs has helped me get my creativity out, as well as being able to vent. I spill out my emotions on paper. It is also served as a way to meet tons of people and just to hear their stories or become friends is really cool to me.

3.      Where do you guys see your band 10 years from now?

 Well hopefully, I want to be touring overseas by then. It is a dream and goal of mine.

4.      What do you guys think when you are on stage?

 I just love to express myself and all I can usually think about is how happy I am to be playing in front of any crowd from: 5 or 5,000. It is just what I love to do. 

5. If you guys could ask your fans any question, what would it be?

 If you wanted us to cover any song, what would it be? (p.s. I love you) <3

6.      What band do you guys want to tour with if you could pick any one? 

I think 30 seconds to mars would be such an awesome touring experience because they play globally and their concerts are huge. I am sure it would be the best time of my life.

7.      What outrageous stories did you guys experience with fans?

The band only started a month ago, so no outrageous stories yet. Feel free to do something outrageous and we'll mention it in our next interview. (:

8.      What song is your favorite that you created and why?

"Forever vs. Reality" because in my opinion it conveys a lot of emotion and I love writing   songs like that.

9.      If you could describe your band in one word, what would it be and why? 

       Love, because the band aims to love everyone, no matter who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment