Thursday, April 19, 2012

Interview with NameSake!!!

Band: NameSake

Genre: Pop/Rock

Hometown: Atlanta, GA

Band members:

Will Crafton - Vocals

Brad Wagner - Guitar

Troy Harmon - Guitar
Seth Van Dusen - Bass

Kevin Nordeste - Drums

I had the opportunity to interview Troy (singer/songwriter/guitarist) and below are his responses for the band:

1. What messages are you trying to convey with the title of your album: Borders and Fences?

What we were trying to convey with our album title, “Borders & Fences” was no matter what obstacles/’“borders or fences,” you may struggle with, you have to face and overcome them. Throughout the album, we express a lot of our different “Borders & Fences” such as love and lose, distance from family and friends, beginning to grow up and starting to write your own path.

2. What inspired you to play music?

I spent pretty much the first ten or so years of my life as a goalie on a travel hockey team. I played all over the northeast and I think eventually I just got burnt off from it. As soon as I put down my skates, I picked up a guitar and just like with hockey I become much attached with it. I got really into 80’s music do to the flashy guitar playing and I would try to emulate that. I eventually started writing my own songs and joining local bands. Once I started performing my own songs, which is when it really came together. The feeling is unexplainable for me because the connection you have with your audience is so genuine.

3. How has music changed your life?

Music has allowed me to meet a lot of amazingly talented people. It is allowing me to travel the country and see places I have never seen. It has given me the chance to connect with a lot of kids through our music. Most importantly, music has allowed me to express thoughts and feelings in a way that is different from spoken words or text.

4. As a musician, how do you see the world with a musical lens?

Yea, I put pretty much everything under a musical lens. I tend to relate a lot of things to whatever music I may be listening to or relate them to my own. Whether it is like being away from my family and friends or relationship I am going through, maybe it is even just a random thought, but I think it helps draw conclusions about a lot of this stuff.

5. If you could change the world by one action, what would it be?

If anything, I just want to inspire others to just go for it and I don’t mean just with music. Whatever you are passionate about, believe in it/ yourself and everything will unfold.

6. What would you tell your fans if you could ask them any question?

 I think if I could ask our fans a question it would be: if they could pick any song on the radio right now for us to do a cover of, what would it be?

7. What outrageous fan stories do you have, that you wouldn’t mind sharing to the public?

Ah there’s nothing too outrageous, our fans are really awesome and we always make sure we take the time to meet and talk to everyone. If it were not for them, we would not be doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment