Sunday, October 2, 2011

Interview with Westallis!!!

Here are the members of the band:

Andrew
Chris
Carlos
Tim
Nick
Kyle

Here is a little information about them, just so you know who they are and what their fundamentals are:

We hail from Palm Coast, Florida where 6 friends came together and had the same dream to make music. We started in November of 2008 and never stopped making brutal breakdowns and catchy riffs. We have been through alot of drama and line-up changes in the past but we stuck it out and it made us who we are today. We are sure that all of our fans are going to enjoy the style of music we have for you guys. All of the members have been working very hard and dedicated to bring this music to a different level. So get ready for this adventure you will never forget.

Here are the questions and below are the responses from Andrew, that is representing the band:

1. What inspired you to play music?

I was 12 years old and punk music was exploding in the small town I was living in. Watching Pennywise and Anti-Flag music videos allday and seeing them on stage made me want to be just like them "being a famous rockstar" as us young kids say (haha).

2. How has music changed your life? 

Music in general is a huge part in my life and always has been. Music and lyrics teach me so many different things from relationships to real life situations and how to embrace what life has to offer. Music has changed my life tremendously getting me through the good and bad times in my life.

3. What bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?

I am the black sheep of the band because I listen to everything. I feel you have to be very open minded to be a successful song writer, but the biggest influences that inspire me to play guitar are: The Ghost Inside, For The Fallen Dreams, Hundredth, Whitechapel. I take in everything from these bands because they are so unique in many different ways, from the structures of their songs to the off timing measures to the chords. You will hear tons of my personal influences in our upcoming Full Length "Brotherhood", which I recommend everyone buy!!!

4. What advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as a career?

My advise to everybody who wants to pursure a music career in a band is that I have realized that the 1st year as a band is the hardest cause you have to establish a relationship with all the other local bands. Produce fans from your music!!!. I have always had the mindset of pretending to be in a huge band and always asked myself what would they do. The biggest thing that was always on my mind was appearance and professionalism. I will tell you this, if you can stick it out the first year as a band the sky is the limit then. Make sure you have the most professional recordings possible even if your band has a budget, then promote, promote, promote them lastly tour, tour, tour!!!!!

5. Where did you get the idea for the name of your band?

We were formally known as The Plague Awakening, but that is another long story. We were on the internet one day just doing the wikipedia thing just to give us a few ideas, since we have talked about changing our name in the past. Well Westallis a city of Wisconsin came up as one of the cities with the worst crime and we all looked at each other at the same exact time, we just smiled at each other. It had a nice ring to it and easy to remember. Since that day we have been Westallis.

6. What do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?

I have alot of guilty pleasures that the other band members "my best friends" dont even know lol... I love the show One Tree Hill. I have watch every season since it has come out.

7. What is racing through your mind when you are on stage? 

"Dont mess up, Dont mess up" (haha)

My heart is pounding and so excited and wanting to see everybody go crazy in the pit while we are playing, but unfortunatly when I am on stage I black out and dont see anything. I am just so pumped and totally loving the music that comes from our hearts. I always wonder if they will like us, but I have always get amazing feedback and all that worrying that I have before we play is just nerves. When I hear all the cheers and our fans loving us makes up for all the dedication and hard work me plus other band member have done.


Jamie King who has worked with A Skylit Drive, For Today and other amazing bands is working with the next soon to be hit called Westallis!! Check out "Purgatory", which is on itunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment