Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Interview with Set It Off!!!!! :)

Here are the members of the band:

Cody Carson - Vocals
Dan Clermont - Guitar and Vocals
Zach Something - Guitar
Austin Kerr - Bass
Maxx Danziger - Drum

Cody Carson is speaking for the band and so below are his responses to the questions:

Here you go, all answers are by vocalist Cody Carson:

1. What inspired you guys to play music?

I grew up in a musical family. My mom and dad were in a band together called
The Fall Guys & A Gal and would travel in a bus, on which I would join them.

I would get to see them perform every night and it inspired me to be a musician
as well. My mom can sing and so can my sister, so I always wanted to as
well. I continually worked at it because I wanted to be a part of a live band as well.

2. How has music changed your life?

If I did not have meaningful lyrics in my life I would probably be clinically
insane. Music helped me through so many hard times and it's lyricists such
as Jordan Pundik, Reese Roper, and Matt Thiessen inspired the style and
reason I write lyrics the way I do.


3. What bands do you guys listen to and how have they shaped your music?

We all listen to a variety of music. I currently listen to a lot of Fall Out
Boy, A Day To Remember, and Bayside. I really respect the nuances in their
songs and how they can make a simple song elegantly complex without you
realizing it.


4. What advice do you guys have for others that want to pursue in music as
their career?

Be prepared to give everything up so you can make this work for yourself
because if you do not have the drive and work ethic to compete with literally
hundreds of thousands of bands to rise to the top, then this is not for you.
You also have to be extremely persistent and know that not everything will
go your way in this industry.


5. Where did you guys get the idea for the name of your band?

We are all big Fall Out Boy fans and Austin was listening to "Calm Before
The Storm" by them and it had the lyric "Set It Off" repeatedly throughout
the song.
We all took a liking to it because of the fact that it is also a
phrase people will say every now and then in conversations. So, if someone
who likes our band hears someone say "Set It Off" they will think of us and
spread the word of our band to everyone they know.

6. What do you guys want your fans to know about you that they might not
know already?

When I was growing up I got picked on, beat up, thrown into lockers, spit
on, and outcast from various social groups.
It was not because I was an
asshole (I was not one) I genuinely wanted friends. I just did not fit in and it
was situations like that, that helped me grow into the person I am today.
I
treat people how I want to be treated and write songs for those who need a
boost like I did. We are all normal people who live lives just as you do and
we want to meet you.


7. What are you guys thinking when you are on stage?

How amazing it is that these people dropped everything they were doing to
come see us live and scream the words to our songs at us because of a
genuine passion for our music. I feel elated when anyone so much as moves
their mouth in the same pattern as mine when I sing. I love my career. :)

 
If you want to be immersed in music that takes your worries away, while leaving you in a state of complete peaceful serenity then I would listen to: SET IT OFF because that is exactly what they do. They help the worst situations of your teen years disappear as if it never happened. LIKE THEIR BAND PAGE AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO LIKE IT TOO :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment