Sunday, September 4, 2011

Interview with Admonish!!!!

Here are the members of the band and their facebook page links ;) :





Below are Keith and James responces to my questions:


1. What inspired you guys to play music?

Keith: Growing up I would watch Slipknot, Korn and Snoop Dogg on MTV along with the other big acts from the late 90's and early 2000. As I kept getting older I developed a love for it!!! I went to some local shows here and there, thus from then on playing music and performing in front of people has been my passion :)

James: Local shows. I went to one called 'Four Story Massacre' and that changed everything for me. From that point on, I knew what I wanted to do :)

2. How has music changed your life?

Keith: In all honesty it keeps me sane. Music makes any situation for me better.

James:
Too many ways (haha). I mainly would say the underage girls.

3. What bands do you guys listen to and how have they shaped your music?

Keith: I mostly listen to: rap, Slipknot, The Acacia Strain, Gallows, Whitechapel, and Suicide Silence have influenced me as a vocalist.

James:
This is the hardest question :) Mainly: The Acacia Strain, Demolisher, and Slipknot. You can tell my influences when I play.
4. What advice do you guys have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?

Keith: You have got to have a passion for it and don't do it because you think you are going to get girls and money. Hard work equals success!!!

James: If you are wanting music as a career for money, then you have chosen the wrong career. Go get a real job, like a doctor or lawyer. Want music as a career because you love it.

Untill music pays my bills, it is not a career. Just an awesome hobby where I get to do what I love.
5. Where did you guys get the idea for the name of your band?

Keith: Our old drummer, Caleb Johnson came up with the name in his English class because it was one of his vocabulary words, so it stuck.

James:
I think one of our old members came up with it (haha) they learned a new word in English class and that is where it came about. Whenever our band came back earlier this year from a hiatus, we kept it because it was a familiar name already in our area.
6. What do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?

James: We are taking a break from local shows soon. We are going to be writing a fresh new set, hitting the studio, and doing all that fun band business!!!!. We are also breaking the new drummer in, moving up to seven strings, and there is another surprise on the way. I just can't say what that surprise is just yet..yay!!! So be ready for our return, expect a new sound.
7. What is racing through your mind before you guys go on stage?

Keith: Awwww here it goes

James: Usually I am wondering where the water is. Once I find water I am just ready to see some violence and play our set. I am ready for everyone to have a good time when we are up there.

Dylan: We are the shit, I'm the shit, my boys are the shit. Not to be cocky, but there is no faster way to fire yourself up.

Braxton:
I know that I am representing God, so I want to look and sound as great as I possibly can. I am usually accompanied by nervousness too. I want to give people what they pay for: a show.

Jesse:
Oh shit, it is going down again.

Like their page and I am sure they will like you forever and ever!!!!!<3:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Admonish/212486305442101

No comments:

Post a Comment