Monday, September 12, 2011

Interview with Lie in Ruins!!!

Here are the members of the band:


Joseph - Vox
Adam - Guitar
Lucas - Guitar
Armando - Bass
Skyler - Drums


Below are the questions I asked them, plus their group responces:

1. What inspired you guys to play music?

What inspired us to play music is the freedom of creativity and how we can create beauty in the concept of music.

2. How has music changed your life?

Music has changed our life drastically. we play and jam everyday. It has brought our band more closer together and we have become brothers because of it :).

3. What bands do you guys listen to and how have they influenced your music?

Like Moths to Flames,In Dying Arms, For The Fallen Dreams,Frank Sinatra,Nat King Cole... and other orchestral arrangements.

4. What advice do you guys have for others that want to pursue music as their career?

Basically practice, practice, practice and a whole lot of commitment.

5. Where did you guys get the idea for the name of you band?

My uncle helped us out with that (haha)

6. What do you guys want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?

We play Yugioh. Trade and Duel Us if you dare (haha).

7. What do you guys think when you are on stage?

AdamI feel this weird ache in my stomach, like it is gonna explode. I start to sweat, heart racing, and I have to take a (sorry for the detail) huge dump (haha).

Lucas- I have a huge adrenaline rush and feel like everything could go great or horribly wrong.

Skyler- I begin too get slight anxiety and ponder the worst case scenarios. I try my best to avoid all technical difficulties by tightening all parts of my equipment. Usually after the first song all stress is lifted. Imagine successfully traveling to the West Indies and wrestling Booker T in a pit of basket weaving monks.

Joseph
- Before every show I just feel scared and I hope that everybody likes us. I usually have the bubble guts, but it always goes away after we play our first song.

Lie in Ruins are not shy about their unique style of music and if you wanna taste their sense of metal, then be prepared to be lifted to greater heights because of them. I have never heard such amazing metal music till I took 5 minutes of my time to listen to them. Go like their page and see what I am talking about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment