Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Interview with Austin Morris!!! My 100th Interview :)

Austin Morris is a solo artist and the genre of music that he focuses on is: Acoustic/Indie/Pop

Link to get a better snap shot of what Austin Morris is all about:

Austin Morris lives in Springfield, MO and http://www.facebook.com/austinmorrisofficial#!/austinmorrisofficial?sk=info that is his official music page where you can hear his singles.

Below are his responses:

1. What inspired you to play music?

What inspired me to play music was the fact that everything else that I imagined doing in life just never seemed to click. The thought of working an office job or sitting at a desk completely made me sick, I mean.. I enjoyed sports and comedy but it never really held much interest for long.
One day when I was 15 I picked up a pair of drum sticks and started grooving. Thats how it all began and it has just taken off from there.

2. How has music changed your life?

Music has changed my life in so many different ways. It' is in every beat of my heart and every thought that comes out of my crazy little brain. I can't go five minutes without writing a new tune, honestly. I write A LOT of happy tunes because that is the main message I want to spread: Happiness :) I want people to be inspired to carry on with their dreams, just by listening to me do what I love to do.3. What bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?

The bands/artists that have shaped and inspired my music from the very beginning has been "blink-182, Michael Buble, Joe Brooks, John Mayer, Jack Johnson, Michael Jackson, Owl City, Angels & Airwaves, The Format, Taylor Swift, The Cab, Hellogoodbye" and much more.
These bands and artists made me dream, grow, and strive to be better than I am as a singer/songwriter and an overall artist.
4. What advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?

My advice for others that want to pursue music as a career is to never give up. If you are going to start this journey it is not an easy one and I will be the first to tell you. You will fail before you gain any success, but that is the beauty of it all, through trail and error you WILL succeed if you press on. Pour your passion and time into it. Don't give up, because legends never do.5. Where did you get the name of your band from?

Well I originally started out as "London Lights" back in the old days (Myspace), then I got really tired of people calling ME London. I was like "MY NAME IS AUSTIN!". So when I actually got some studio time at Engaged Audio (Producer Kevin Gates) to record my first actual pop song "1500 Miles", That is when I decided that it was time to just go by my real name Austin Morris. 6. What do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?

If my fans don't already know it, I love hearing from them!
I love talking to them and I chat all the time on twitter just follow me @itsAustinMorris . My favorite thing is when I get videos of fan love on YouTube or people covering my songs, it just makes my day! I am a pretty goofy guy with a lot of love for every single one of you because without you I can't keep this dream of mine going!

7. What are you thinking about when you are on stage?

When I am on stage there is only a million things running through my mind, but the one that always is the most thought of is: "I wonder how many are going to sing along?"

So if you come see me play you should learn yourself some lyrics, so you can sing them louder than me (haha)

Austin Morris wants only three things from people every where: 1. I want people to be inspired to carry on with their dreams, just by listening to me do what I love to do. 2. He wants every one to sing along with him at his shows or when you are listening to his songs :) 3. Go to his shows and share his music to everyone you know because don't you want your friends to be happy all the time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment