Friday, November 4, 2011

Interview with Marz Nova (Guitar/Vocals) of The Worshyp!!!

Here are the members of the band:

Marz Nova - Guitars & Vocals

Thor Rune - Guitars

Mig Diablo - Bass Guitar

KK Devina - Drums & Percussion

Below are the responses by Marz Nova:

1. What inspired you to play music?

I grew up with my parents playing in a band. Music has surrounded me my entire life.

2. How has music changed your life?

Well, music is my life. It keeps me alive and keeps me from going insane. Music is also the best vehicle for me to express my creativity.

3. What bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?

I grew up listening to Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Rush, Megadeth and band like these. The list of bands and music genres that I have enjoyed over the course of my life is so vast that it would take me an eternity to list them. I think that we are all nothing more than the sum of all of our experiences. So when I write it is the product of my life experiences both musically, emotionally and even physically.
4. What advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?

Write what you love the most, not what you think is going to sell the most. If you write what you love, it will be your best product and will be easier and more enjoyable.

5. Where did you get the idea for the name of your band?

The Worshyp is a salute to the loyalty and passion of heavy metal fans over any other music genre. Pop artists are here today and gone tomorrow. They are only as big as their latest hit and then they are forgotten. Heavy Metal fans follow their favorite bands, like a priest follows the church.

6. What do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?

That I am a bigger fan of them, then they are of The Worshyp. They are the fuel that keeps the band moving. Their support is the most critical element.

7. What are you thinking when you are on stage?

I am always thinking about Nachos & cheese! No, (haha) I am always trying to enjoy myself and that will make for the best possible experience for the audience. I want to give them 120% and make them enjoy every second to the fullest. I am only thinking of the crowd and the song I am playing at that time.

The Worshyp is a metal band that wants to show you how emotions can be evoked in music and expressing it through their music will let your mind run wild :)

No comments:

Post a Comment