Saturday, November 12, 2011

Interview with Conversions!!!!

Here are the members of the band:



Mitchell Lujan- Guitar, Vocals, Percussion 
Joe Peifer- Lead guitar
Nathan Pizano- Bass
Amrit Mahi- Drums

Below are the group responses:

1. What inspired you guys to play music? 
Well to put it simply we suck at sports, so music is plan B (haha), but in all seriousness music to us is very unpredictable because there is so much to do and to just create something from nothing. If you build it to its true potential is an amazing and accomplishing feeling that motivates us to do it day after day.

2. How has music changed your life? 
Music has changed our life in the sense that it gives us something else to love and work at. Putting together something that sounds good to us has the capability to fill other areas in our life that can weigh us down and it can be very therapeutic.

3. What bands do you guys listen to and how have they shaped your music? 
Each of us have our own set of bands that we really enjoy, the list can range from The Mars Volta to John Legend. We also don't write music with the intentions to capture an already established sound or style, but it is easy to say we have drawn a certain amount of influence from each artist or band we have listened to.

4. What advice do you guys have for others that want to pursue music as their career?  
(Haha) It would feel sort of weird, yet flattering that we would be asked for advice since we are still very new to the music scene, but the only musical advice we could possibly give is to acknowledge if something needs more or less to a song and to keep experimenting.

5. Where did you guys get the idea for the name of your band?
 Our band name? Hmmm....well we have a couple stories. Story #1: We all love math. Story #2: Story #1 is not true.

6. What do you guys want your fans to know about you that they might not know already? 
We would like our fans to know how serious we are about making and performing our music. So much effort is put into our songwriting, so even when people tell us they will be attending our next upcoming show, it makes our day.

7. What do you guys think about when you are on stage?

Mitchell: I am in my own world when I first step on stage, but I willingly force myself out of my shell when it is time to play some music and playing for a crowd is one of the most enjoyable things about being in a band.

Nate: Personally on stage I am just excited to be playing for an audience and I try to engage the audience in whatever way I can.

Joe: I think to try moving as much as possible because if I stand still, somebody is going to see how my legs shake, when I am nervous (hahaha) and to just have fun while playing.

Amrit: I am not sure what goes through my mind, but not a lot. I am usually pretty into the music, I look at the crowd and see if they are diggin' it or not. The majority of the time it is music related. If there is something wrong, that occupies my mind of course.

Conversions is a band that lives life on the edge and is willing to take the next big leap to the top, you might ask yourselves: "How will they get there?" and that is where the fans come in. All you have to do is like their facebook page and then let all your friends know about this amazing band that will make it to the top :)

No comments:

Post a Comment