Thursday, November 10, 2011

Interview with Beyond The Summit!!!

Here are the members of the band:


Tyler Crifasi - Guitars

Cory Magee - Bass/Backing Vox
 
Tom Huckfeldt -- Drums
 
Below are their group responses:

1. What inspired you guys to play music?
 
We all have had something different inspire us. Tom came from a very musically involved house, and decided to start drumming after seeing Terry Bozzio on YouTube. Cory, on the other hand, picked up a guitar at his friend's house and immediately got hooked on it. As for me (Tyler), I have been going to concerts since I was 5. So I always knew at some point I wanted to pursue music; but what really made me want to play guitar was hearing guys like Joe Bonamassa, Randy Rhoads, and Slash.

2. How has music changed your life?
 
Music has changed all of us for the better. It has made us more confident, outgoing, but has always provided something to go to no matter what circumstance. I use music a lot to vent out my feelings by writing lyrics and songs. I just simply listen to music to put me in a better place. I think I can speak for all of us when I say, music plays one of the biggest roles in all of our lives.
3. What bands do you guys listen to and how have they shaped your music?
 
We listen to a ton of bands from all different genres. Some of our favorite bands go from Paramore, All Time Low, and Mayday Parade to Memphis May Fire, The Word Alive and Blessthefall to The Used, Senses Fail and Get Scared. Pretty much everything from, Rock to Pop Punk, Blues, Hardcore and Metal to Alternative. Our iPods all consist of an insane amount of music (haha).

4. What advice do you guys have for people that want to pursue music as their career?
 
In the aspect of playing shows, just have fun and be yourself. Don't pretend to be someone you are not. Also, you need to realize that music is also a business, so don't burn your bridges and make as many friends as possible. Secondly, practice your instrument as much as possible. You can never learn too much! Third, make sure you have fun with it. If you are not doing it because you love it, then why are you?

5. Where did you guys get the idea for the name of your band?
 
It is kind of a funny story on how we got our name. We had a show coming up and they asked us our band name and needed it by that night. So we all got on conference call and started making lists. Before you know it, we matched up beyond and summit (Tom's town) and got Beyond The Summit.

6. What do you guys want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?
 
Well all of us have a bunch of different things we do other than music. Cory is a big hockey fan and plays as much as possible. Tom runs cross country. Tom and Tyler also are running a small home recording studio called T&T Studios in Summit. Tyler just works a lot and loves going to concerts plus the thrill hockey games.

7. What are you guys thinking when you are on stage?
 
Cory- "When I am on stage I am thinking about all the eyes on me and what a rush it is to be up there. It is amazing!"
    
Tom- "When I am on stage, I always just try to remain calm, but feed off the energy of the crowd. If the crowd wants things to be more crazy, you have to raise the bar."
 
Tyler- I think about how I can connect with everyone in the crowd. Your job is to entertain the crowd and so when you get a crowd that is really into your music, you tend to have more fun with it. But, there is always a huge adrenaline rush and nothing else matters than those 45-60 minutes that your on stage. There is nothing like it and that is why I love playing music.
 
 
 
Want to feel like you are being heard and cared for? Well Beyond The Summit is a band that hits all of your emotions, while leaving you in a state of content and relaxation. I even gave you the link, so all you have to do is like their page and read the interview because my work as we say is a master piece (haha). 

No comments:

Post a Comment