Sunday, December 4, 2011

Interview with Meital Dohan!!!

Meital is an Israeli-born singer and actress who has been on The Sopranos and Weeds and now has a hot and hilarious new video out for her single, Yummy Boyz. You should check out her video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cy3CCG8Q78&feature=youtu.be

Below are her responses to the questions I asked her:

1. What inspired you to play music?

I think music has always inspired me as an artist. One day you are inspired and writing songs down in a notebook and humming melodies to yourself, the next day you are in a recording studio. I don't really do things half-assed. I do them all the way. So for me the inspiration has always been there, but when I met my producer Che Pope and he believed in what I was about/inspired to do - that's when I said: "ok, I have to really take this to the next level and bring it to life".

2. How has music changed your life?

 They say music is the universal language and I think there is a lot of truth to that old cliche. The way people respond to music is very visceral. They tap their feet, snap their fingers, sway their hips. This visceral response is really what motivates me. It is the non-verbal dialogue. Action - music. Reaction - dance. That is the cause and effect that really gets me going.

3. Where did you get the idea for the single: Yummy Boyz?

 Didn't you see the video online? Aren't you constantly stalking my YouTube channel? It all started when I tasted some soap in the bathtub one night and I thought to myself, "well isn't that yummy!"
On a serious note we are living in an era where woman gain so much power from expressing their sexuality and portraying men as sexual objects, similar to the way women are in society.
4. What do you listen to and how has it shaped your music?
I like to listen to a whole smorgasbord of sounds. We are talking everything from dance to classical, hip-hop, Billie Holiday, Nina Simone, Edith Piaf, the soundtrack to Pedro Almodóvars Talk to Her, Air, Radio Head, Kanye West, and Eminem.  My taste in music is diverse and I am creating music for people to dance to, cry to, or listen to in the car while they drive.

 5. If you could describe your life in one word what would it be?
Fabulous.

6. What advice would you give to people that want to be part of the entertainment industry for their career?

Can't you think of something more original to do with your life? Just kidding.
I would say do it if you think you can't be a normal person.
If you can't be the kind of person that goes to a job every morning and has a set schedule with a set routine. Oh and if you're super passionate and talented. Then yes, by all means go for it. And wear a helmet, too (haha).

7. What do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?

I have secret powers. I can levitate stuff, fly, and move water just by looking at it (haha). Concentration. Intense concentration is the key.

Something that you might not know about Meital Dohan is that she has a sense of humor, but when it comes down to the stuff that she is passionate about she gets right down to business. Everyone should check out her single Yummy Boyz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cy3CCG8Q78&feature=youtu.be I am very fortunate to interview a star that was on The Sopranos and The Weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment