Thursday, December 22, 2011

Interview with Your Turning Point!!!

Here are the members of the band:

George Santee - Vocals
Dillon Cason - Vocals/Guitar
Austin Severns- Guitar/Vocals
Paul Kaspriskie- Bass
Cory Eyerman - Drums




 Genre: Post Hardcore


 Band: Your Turning Point


 Hometown: Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Area, Pennsylvania




 Below are their group responses:


1.  What inspired you guys to play music? 
The 5 of us are from a boring corner of Pennsylvania where there is not much to do. Most of the venues in our area are either closing down or changing their management to people who are not really into the local scene as much as we would all like. So, I guess what inspires us is the fact that we all want to play music for people who would appreciate it. We just want to get heard on a larger scale and maybe make some kids smile J
2.  How has music changed your life?
Honestly, giving us all a release of stress. We don't really think that music has changed us. We all have been playing music for a long time, so I don't think it has changed us as much as it has become a part of who we are.
3.  What bands do you guys listen to and how have they shaped your music?
All of us listen to really diverse bands. Our lead guitarist loves Black/Folk Metal like Agalloch and Lunar Aurora. Our other guitarist and drummer are into pop punk like: The Wonder Years and Handguns also, a little bit heavier stuff. Our bassist is into Indie stuff like: The Shins and Ugly Casanova. Between the 5 of us, I think we hit almost every genre, every day. It is really interesting actually to hear the things that come out during our practices.
4.  What advice do you guys have people that want to pursue in music as a career?
If your goal is to be a big and famous band: find a generic image (sadly) and stick to it. Our advice to kids trying to get into music as a career is to play music because you love music.
5.  Where did you guys get the idea for the name of your band?
Dillon used to be in a band named Your Turning Point and they kind of faded out, so we just claimed it after a long session of us throwing thousands of different names around.
6.  What do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?
We really just want to have a good time and play our music. We are all just   normal kids from a boring town. We work boring jobs and go to school. What we really want to do is hopefully get a name built for ourselves and play our stuff for as many people as possible.
7.  What do you guys think when you are on stage?
George (Vocals) - Normally I am either thinking "Where is my water?" and "Do I remember the lyrics?"
Austin (Guitar) - I just want to make sure that I remember everything. We have a lot of melodies that match the two guitars so if Dillon or myself are off time, then it is going to sound horrible.
Paul (Bass) - Mostly just figuring out where our cables are at, so I don't trip. I don't want to be 'that kid' on YouTube (haha).
Dillon (Guitar/Vocals) - When I am on stage I am focusing on staying in key and I am listening to everything that is happening. I am constantly picking out flaws in my head.
Cory (Drums) - I always have a tall can of Arnold Palmer somewhere around my feet, so my main thought is normally, "I hope I don't knock that can over!"
8.  What is your favorite cheese? (question made by the band)
Well, there are many amazing cheeses in the world and we appreciate most of them. Smoked Gouda and a fine Swiss are the top runners followed by a sharp cheddar or Muenster. Fresh mozzarella goes well with any cured meat and is enjoying as well. We love all cheese, except for American! Because it is lame and is usually reserved for white trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment