Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Interview with After Me the Flood by Melissa Aldawoodi

Here are the questions I asked Ira Thomas Fleetwood White (Drummer):
1. what inspired you to play music?
2. how has music changed your life?
3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?
4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?
5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?
6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?
7. what is racing your mind before you go on stage?
Here is how he responded:

1. Well I started play drums in the 6th grade, nothing really inspired me I just wanted to play drums because I really liked them. I started off in the jazz band and I was pretty horrible, but then I caught on and started learning the ropes. Later on when I got into alot of heavier music alot of those drums inspired me to keep playing and I eventually started playing a different style of drums instead of jazz and classic rock.

2. Music has changed my life in many ways. It is my passion and I have the most love for it. I have made some of the best friends that anyone could ask for, I have been able to travel and do alot of different things that are freakin rad. Music is an outlet for me, I play my drums almost everyday and I listen to music just about everday, if I don't my day will probably suck. But in the end music is my life and I want to be playing music til the day I die.

3. I listen to alot of different music, all kinds. I started off with like Blink 1-82, Linkin Park, Atreyu, Slipknot, As I Lay Dying, what most people my age listened to when they were younger. Alot of those bands changed my life because of the drummers, all of them are different and all have different styles AND are all amazing drummers. Blink 1-82 is one of my favorite bands to this day and will always be. Now I listen to everything, so pretty much whatever i'm currently listening to will affect on my drum playing.
4. Do it. It is awesome, if it's really want you want to do then go for it with everything. You can't half ass if it you want to make in the music business. But be prepared to be let down, pissed off, lied to and meeting alot of sketchy people and eating alot of bad food but there are many upsides to it. Hanging out with your bestfriends all day long, touring and traveling the world and just playing the music you love for your job and getting paid to do it.

5. Our guitar player was sitting in class and was learing about Louis XV and one of the most famous quotes he said before dying was After Me, the Flood which means after me who really cares what happens to France after I die is it pretty much going to shit anyways. We just thought it was a good name and he brought it to the bands attention and we all agreed on the name.

6. Nothing really, I am a really nice guy and if you want to come up and talk to me or anyone else in the band you can, we don't bite.
 
7. "Don't drop a stick" is usually going through my head before each show and don't speed up just keep it at a happy medium!
 
I would like for everyone to take the time to listen to After Me the Flood. They are such an interesting band that bring a lot to the table, meaning they change the way we look at music.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment