Sunday, April 10, 2011

Interview with Sean Layton (Vocals/Guitar/Writer) for South Shores

Here are the questions I asked Sean and his answers are below:

1. what inspired you to play music?

When I discovered blink 182 and saw them live in 7th grade. I always loved music, and was surrounded by it. After being in that environment I decided that I knew I had to be in a band.
2. how has music changed your life?

Its gotten me through the good and bad times definitely. Life without music would suck.
3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?

Obviously huge Blink fan, I love AVA, ATL, Yellowcard. List goes on and on. I like alot of metal as well. I love pop. I still listen to all the stuff I grew up on. I love the early 00's wave of punk and pop punk. I miss those days for sure. Ill play those albums for the rest of my life. Im really into electro/dj stuff right now. Love Skrillex, Rusko, Porter Robinson etc. I listen to everything. Im not a music snob.
I think just listening to different genres helps me with my song writing.
4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?

Do not give up, Seriously. Theres nothing easy about it, but the reward of playing music as a career is worth all the stress. If you write awesome music, and work your ass off, you will get noticed. Its like if someone wants to be a Doctor. You have to study til your blue in the face, but once you've paid your dues the outcome was worth it. Thats why we do it.
5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?

It was a neighborhood I grew up in down in Corpus. Back in 06 South Shores was just a studio project of mine. I started posting demos, and when I made a myspace I didnt know what to call the project. I thought South Shores would be a cool band name. It just stuck. Choosing your band name is half the battle.
6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?

I read every single tweet, comment, and whatever else yall do for us everyday. The support means everything to me. I try and write back to everyone.
7. what is racing your mind before you go on stage?

Im always thinking about how fast I have to set up all my equiptment in my band.


South Shores is a band that sings with passion and if you want music that moves you. Everyone should go on Facebook and listen to their music!!!

Here are the members of the band:
Sean Layton - Vocals/Guitar
Grant Pittman - Guitar/Keys
Aaron Sutton - Lead Guitar
Nathan Palmer - Bass
I gave you the list of the people in the band because they are very friendly guys and if you want to get a closer look into the band then take the time to chat with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment