Saturday, April 16, 2011

Interview with Wade Hunt (Lead Vocals) and James Ivey (Guitar/ Vocals) from Face For Radio

Here are the questions I asked Wayde and James:
1. what inspired you to play music?
2. how has music changed your life?
3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?
4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?
5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?
6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?
7. what is racing your mind before you go on stage?
This is how Wayde responded:

1. I've been listening to music even before I was even born, so from there I've just grown up always around music and people who love and know music. When I was 15 years old I went to a friend's band practice and picked up the mic and started singing. Thus, from there I have never wanted to put it down because I have the opportunity to create my own music for new generations to come!

2. Music has always given me a positive outlook on life no matter what hardships we all have to endure every single day. Music is therapeutic in so many different ways and I truly believe that if you can relate to a song written by a complete stranger and make that connection with someone you've never even met before then it really is just more than sound coming out of speakers.

3. My personal collection ranges anywhere from Blink 182 and The Wonder Years to Between the Buried and Me and The Black Dahlia Murder. I listen to it all though and I don't let genres set the boundaries for what I think sounds good. Some bands that have specifically influenced me and the music I make have got to be Gatsbys American Dream, New Found Glory, Hit The Lights, Set Your Goals, Poison The Well, Underoath... just to name a few.

4. Only advice and the best advice I've ever received myself is "Never give up", "Work Hard", and "Pay Your Dues". If you can do those 3 things and still have your sanity and friendships intact, when it's all said and done then I feel you have proven yourself cut out to follow an inconsistent career path, such as music.

5. No epic story behind it honestly (haha). All the guys in the band at the time and myself were sitting, feasting at one of our favorite food chain restaurants. The one that makes the giant burritos we love and adore. So after practice one day I narrowed it down to 3 or 4 band names I had come up with and liked. Plus "A Face For Radio" came out on top of the list. So we chose that one!!!

6. I am an avid collector of old school nerdy stuff that I had growing up and never got rid of from: Comic books, Goosebumps novels, POGS, old children's books that were read to me at bedtime (haha), and an extensive VHS collection. Looking at it all now just reminds me of a simpler and happier time in life and that everything isn't as complex as we make it out to be sometimes.

 7. I just make sure I've stretched thoroughly and done my vocal warm ups properly. Also, make sure I do my very best and put on the most energetic show the crowd has ever witnessed!

Last, but not least: James Ivey response to the questions:

1. I would have to say there are many things that come in to play here. It started with my family because there was always a guitar laying around, whether it be my uncles or cousins. I just started messing around with them any chance I got and learned to play the guitars by myself. It was unlike anything else I have done or learned because music has always been something that there is never really an end to. So, that defiantly keeps me going. One of the biggest things that still to this day helps my inspiration is people saying that I cant or wont make it. Since, I just use that for drive and one day maybe I will be able to show them because during the early 2000's I have been going to shows, whether I am playing or watching (both are equally my favorite things to do). I loved the feeling of a room sharing the same love for music as I do. Meeting new people is definitely another plus to all of this!!!

2. You know I cant even name how many times I have turned to music for an escape. I would have to say it is the one thing next to my heart that keeps me going, ( I sing in the car a lot :) ). It helps me any time, all the time. I have met a lot of my best friends through music and I don't know what I would do with out most of them!!

3. Well right now I listen to a lot of Hit The Lights, Hey Monday, All Time Low, Four Year Strong, A Day to Remember, The Almost....bands in my roots Underoath, Saosin, Blink 182, plus I dig a lot of metal too. We are pretty poppy, but heavy is mixed in pretty well. Seeing the bands I have mentioned I would say they defiantly shaped my playing habits and styles. In the opinion, there is a little bit of all this in our music.

4 My advice for people who want to play or pursue in music is give 100 %. That is what I dream of everyday, so i am completely agree with this statement. If this is your dream and since you only live once, I say go for it no matter what anyone says!!
There are a lot of ups and downs, but you can't give up because you use the experience you go through to learn from everything.

5. I believe there is not to much of a story behind the name, just that it was funny (means were ugly) lol.

6. I just want them to know were here everyday and were always down to talk, from  facebook to twitter. \

7.  A lot goes through my head, but I just mainly push for a good show plus try not to worry myself to much about anything messing up or not working. Just think "have fun!!! I love what I do". I get butterflies every time no matter how many times I have done it

These are a couple reminders that Face For Radio wants you to know about them:

We just released a commercial on you tube to help us gain votes for warped tour 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdLPtu5zQJY
are CD is for sale on itunes Ep. Phone Home
we were in AMP magazine issue 105 adaytoremember cover
we played warped tour dallas last year
are first show ever was with Mayday parade
Tarcy Thomason from Artist Vs Poet is featured on our cd song called " old pictures of new friends"
we cover hanging by a moment by lifehouse
our merch can be bought afaceforradio.bigcartel.com
myspace.com/afaceforradiotx
twitter @afaceforradiotx
facebook.com/afaceforradiotx

www.youtube.com
A Face For Radio Commercial for Warped Tour Battle of the Bands 2011. ONE vote a day EVERY day, that's all it takes! Please donate your vote NOW www.battleofthebands.com/u/afaceforradiotx

People in the band:

Wayde Hunt - Lead Vocals

James Ivey - Guitar / Vocals

Like this band, then listen to their music. Also they are looking for a bass player and a drummer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment