Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Interview with Mureau by Melissa Aldawoodi

 I asked Lanny Perelman (Guitarist) questions about Mureau and his responce are below the questions:

1. what inspired you to play music?
I come from a family of musicians and performers. So I can say that since I was a child, music has always been there for me and I knew when I was a teenager that I wanted to play for a living.

2. how has music changed your life?
There was always a certain time in my life whether it was good or bad that I can relate to a certain band or song that I was listening to at that time. Music is always there for me when I need it and the idea that I am able to put out records and perform my own music and hopefully inspire other people to do the same is a great feeling.

3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?
We like to always be listening to different styles of music and incorporating that influence into a heavier sound in Mureau. At the moment my influences range from Cloudkicker/Ben Sharpe, Circa Survive, Daft Punk, Weather Report, The Deftones, and Meshuggah too name a few.

4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?
Persist, work hard, endure.

5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?
Mureau is a street in the city where we are from.

6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?
That our objective of this band is to create music we simply enjoy playing. If people dig it then that makes us happy. If they don't we are still stoked.

7. what is racing your mind before you go on stage?
That we have all done this many times before. Just go out and have fun.
 
Listen to Mureau!!!! They have music that change the way we listen to music in a more outgoing way.

1 comment: