Friday, April 15, 2011

Interview with True Arahill (Guitar/Vocals) from Big Jet Plane

Here are the questions I asked True Arahill and responded below them:

1. what inspired you to play music?

I always used to sing in my dad's car when I was a kid, so that got me comfortable with singing. I always had a weird thing with guitar because I could hear guitar solos in my head. Seeing the talent I had I wanted to produce it and this led me to playing guitar at age 18.

2. how has music changed your life?

Music is definitely my biggest creative outlet and it helps me analyze plus get through the really tough times in my life.

3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?

I listen to a lot of music but the main artists I've been listening to lately are The Spill Canvas, Thrice, City and Colour, John Mayer, Matt Wertz, Dave Barnes. All of these bands have expanded my musical dynamics and have inspired me to write more mature plus heartfelt music.

4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?

My advice would be to never quit what you love doing no matter what people say plus always strive for your best. Don't ever sell yourself short because only you know what is best for you.

5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?

The name of my band emerged from a lyric in a Led Zeppelin song called "Going to California." It's symbolic to when you have pursued your dreams and they finally pay off, thus granting you everything you've ever wanted. I would not say I want to own a big jet plane but I want to be able to provide for myself and for my family. Since they have truly supported me and helped me become the man I am today.

6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?


What the fans might not know about me is that I'm an spiring chef! I enjoy cooking almost as much as I enjoy writing and playing music. Both are pure forms of art and allow you to be very expressive and creative.
7. what is racing your mind before you go on stage?

The thought that enters my mind before I go on stage is if I'm going to perform well. Also I don't want to forget to have fun and relax because the more relaxed you are, the easier it is for you to play your parts plus create a bond with the crowd.
Everyone should check out the band: Big Jet Plane because their music comes from the heart and these are the band members:
True Arahill - Guitar/Vocals
Chris Vuoncino - Bass/Programming
 They are very chill people and they would like for everyone to say hi to them and check out their music.

No comments:

Post a Comment