Friday, April 1, 2011

Interview with The Evelyn

Here are the questions I asked The Evelyn Band:
1. what inspired you to play music?
2. how has music changed your life?
3. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as a career?
4. what bands do you listen to and how do they shape your music?
5. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not already know?

This is how each of the band members responded:

Taylor - Vocals
1. Well since i was a child, ive always been around music somehow. i was raised on Queen, Journey, and Meat Loaf through my parents. My sister introduced my to 90s alternative like Sugar Ray, Green Day, and early blink-182. Around 14, i started playing guitar, and everything took off from there.
2. without music, i dont know where i would be. in the last 6 years, not a day has gone by without music. it has opened my eyes and my mind to life, spirituality, and love.
3. never give up! like the Set Your Goals song goes, "Dont Say I Quit!" times will get tough, but you have to be tougher.
4. well my top 5 would be: blink 182, taking back sunday, the ghost inside, the killers, and have heart. obviously, its an eclectic mix. but im an eclectic guy, so the music we make is soewhat eclectic.
5. what we believe in. we ar just five guys that like to have fun, and we love everyone. we are hate-free and drama-free. when we play shows, we want everyone to have fun and love and respect each other. because thats what its all about.

David - Drums
1. ive always had a passion in my heart for music since i was a little kid, and when i was 13 i got my first Relient K cd. since that day i knew that music was my future.
2. music is like my escape from reality. no matter what im going through, i can always lose myself in music which has helped me through multiple rough spots in my life.
3. never let anyone discourage you frm doing what you want to do. its your life and your responsibility to be who you want to be.
4. my two favorite bands are Relient K and A Day To Remember. i draw inspiration from both of them and it gives me a unique take on how i look at different rhythms.
5. my favorite snack is a payday and a Sprite.



Jordann - Guitar
1. I guess mostly it was just the love of music i had already, and i just really wanted to be able to create music that could make someone else happy.
2. since ive been playing music, its made me realize that this was my place in life. and there is nothing i wouldrather do than keep playing shows, play shows around the world, ad make our fans happy.
3. do it. dont hesitate at all.if you feel like playing music is your calling, then dont sit around and think about it, do it! as long as your work ethic is high and you keep at it, something will happen for you.
4. i try to keep my mind open when it comes down to what band or artist im listening to. therefore, im not just jamming to metal all the time. i listen to and respect all genres of music. and that helps me to write fresh and original tunes myself.
5. i do that Call of Duty thang. so hit up this gamertag if you wanna kill some shit with meh!
adtrpoppunk.
 
Everyone should listen to the band The Evelyn. They are down to earth people singing how they feel and if you want music that makes you think about your life then check them out. Find them on Facebook and youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment