Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Interview with Score 24

Here are the members of the band:

Rob Fox-Vocals
Paul Ruess-Guitar/Vocals

Thomas Angenbroich- Bass
Anthony Pasini - Guitar
Ryan Linzer - Drums
 
The highlighted names are the ones that got interviewed!!!
Here are the questions I asked them:

1. what inspired you to play music?

2. how has music changed your life?

3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?

4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?

5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?

6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?

7. what is racing your mind before you go on stage?


Lets start with Rob Fox:


1. Growing up every member of this band loved music, what inspired me most was watching Blink 182 perform either on T.V. or live in concert. They had something about them that made me want to move.

2. Music has not changed my life, it has taken over it. Most people don't know how much work goes into being in a touring band, its pretty much 24/7 work....but I love it!!!!!

3. Every member of the band has a different taste in Music and that's why because most of our albums come out with a different kind of sound every time. I was brought up with Blink 182 , Greenday and New Found Glory but now I listen to almost everything that makes me want to move around.

4. Work, Work, Work, and when all else fails: Work even harder. This is a very tough industry to get started in and it is even harder to be successful in. You never know when you have actually made it or not.

5. We came up with the name Score 24 while we were all still in high school. The big thing that was on most of our minds while we were trying to start this pop rock band was the SAT's. School was taking up a lot of our time while we were trying to get started with the band and not to mention the horror of the SAT's creeping up on us. We originally came up with the name " To Score a 2400" which was the highest you could get on the SAT's when we were taking it. But we figured that was way too long so we shortened it to "Score 24"

6. We want our fans to know that we are just like them and we are a little bit less normal than they are. We are out here to have fun with everyone and spread the sound of our music.

7. The one thing that races my mind before I go on is that I am hoping the crowd is ready to have a fun time and they are ready to participate. There is nothing worse than going out on stage with all of this energy and getting nothing back in return.

Last, but not least Paul Ruess:

1) Music was always a passion for me, ever since piano lessons when I was very young. Since then, it took over my life and inspired me to do other things such as write songs, and learn instruments like a Guitar and Saxophone. Creating a band was something that came from a lot of previous history and a lot of passion/confidence that I gained from it.

2) Music has given me the confidence and the creativity to talk about what I want and at times get out my frustration. Back in high school, I used to be quite a strange kid and didn't have any confidence or any public speaking/communication abilities. Since then I feel like music and being in a band has improved all those aspects of my life and more! I'm more responsible and am able to take care of myself simply because I have had many more experiences than other people in different lines of work.

3) Ever since the beginning and even now I have listened to Blink-182. They were my main role models and I have molded myself after many of their aspects. A lot of their music techniques and ideas are in my music as well! Today however, I listen to many other bands in all different varieties. Some of my favorites are Creed, Eleventyseven, In Flames, Alterbridge, Honor Society, and etc. The list will go on and on. In all of the songs I write, I always try to add different aspects from all of my favorite bands. People need to understand that nobody wants to listen to a copy of another band, they want to listen to something new and fresh. My music is my personality put onto paper.

4) My greatest advice would have to be, never give up. It's a pretty general phrase, and also a very typical phrase for someone like me to use, but it is very true. Everyone who is going to attempt to make a career out of music needs to understand that everyone goes through their ups and downs. Nobody can write a hit song EVERY time they sit down to put their feelings on paper. Sometimes it takes me days or even weeks to get past a writers block, so nobody should give up just because they can't seem to get a good melody or write good lyrics. You never know, the very next day you can sit down and write the next hit song. But all in all, it takes time, confidence, and believing in yourself. "To be successful, a person needs to be able to listen to everyone and ignore everyone"

5) The name actually has a double meaning. In the beginning when the band was started, me and our ex guitarist Joe Fox wrote the first score of music on the 24th day of the month. At the same time, there were only 2 members in the band, but then we felt like we "Scored" when we met the next 2 members. So, armed with the double meaning, we became known as "Score 24".

6) Not too many people know, but me and Rob Fox both met through boy scouts when we were younger and we both became eagle scouts. So kids! There is no shame in being in boy or girl scouts!! It actually HELPS you become a better person! Too many people quit or never join because they are worried that they will be ridiculed and made fun of. Kids need to worry more about themselves and less about what everyone else thinks!

7) My mind is literally blank before I play a show. I know it sounds funny, but the most important thing for me to think about is setting up my equipment, and smiling. THATS IT! Thinking too much about playing a good show, will guarantee that we don't.

You want to score good music and a great dance party with your friends then listen to Score 24!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment