Sunday, May 8, 2011

Interview with DROP SET!!!!!!!!

This interview was in person!!!

Melissa: Hey Drop Set!!! Could I interview you please because us fans want to learn more about you guys. I promise it won't take that long :)

Drop Set: Yea of course

Melissa: Okay, what inspired you to start playing music?

Evan Casey decided to be interviewed first and Greg Reese decided to be interviewed last.

Evan: I like the way music makes me feel because of the high energy and of course the party scene. I have always loves playing music even since I was young.

Greg: Basically what he said (hahaha), no but seriously I love what music has to offer me and not like many other DJ's we do it for the parties and could care less on the profit aspect of it.

Melissa: What was your #1 inspiration that you looked up to?

Evan: Mine would be Benny Benassi for sure because of how much fun he has on the stage and I try to strive to do that, any performance I perform at.

Greg: Daft Punk!!! because of the amazing way they play on stage and off stage.

Melissa: How has music shaped your life?

Evan: I spend so much time on music now and every day I feel like I am living my dream because I am doing what I love.

Greg: It is consuming, but like Evan said it is well worth it.

Melissa: What advice do you have for people that are trying to be in the same industry as you?

Evan: Familiarize yourself with music and please stop auto syncing music because it just makes you look foolish. Also, never give up because trust me when you get your name out there it is well worth it.

Greg: Do it for the right reasons because if you are just playing music for the profit then you will be horrible because you will not posses the passion you have to have to do well in music.

Melissa: What do you want your fans to know about you?

Evan: That we are always a party when ever we preform.

Greg: hahah true that. Who wants to miss a party? haha no one

Melissa: Where did you get the name: Drop Set, from?

Evan: Well, I was looking for something electric and had a house music feel, so the name drop set just came to me.

Greg: yea what he said and so Drop Set was just catchy to us.

Melissa: Okay, but what does set mean?

Evan: It is a term for an hour long song of music and so by saying we are dropping set means that we are putting the music out there for everyone to enjoy.

Melissa: Thank you guys so much for the interview.

Evan and Greg: No thank you!!! It was our pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment