Saturday, May 14, 2011

Interview with Upon Glory!!!!

Here are the members of the band:

AJ Lafell - Lead Scream Vox
Austin Crowe - Backup Scream/Clean Vox
Jay O'Connor - Guitar/Clean Vox
Corbin Calcutt - Guitar
Will Wright - Bass
Dalton Oldham - Drums

I highlighted the names of the people that I interviewed!!!!!

Here are the questions I asked them individually:

1. what inspired you to play music?
2. how has music changed your life?
3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?
4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?
5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?
6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?
7. If you could describe your band in one word what would it be?


Lets start with what AJ Lafell said:


1. Well, basically I have always had a pull torward music. It was something I could confide to when I was down or happy. Just something that's always been in my life.

2. It's given me something to actually want to accomplish in life, cause I can't have a normal job. haha

3. For Today, because of the reason they play. The Devil Wears Prada, and Relient K has always been one of my top 3 bands. Theses bands have kept me jamming to great music, with the Jesus side still there. Which is what I like. haha

4. Just got for it, don't stop.

5. It just came up. We have Christian inspired lyrics, so the name is kind of fitted. haha

6. I'm not sure. But they should know that we are coming, and to be prepared. haha That is if we have fans. haha

7. Epic. 

Next up is Austin Crowe:

1. Probably bands that I love, my favorite band since like elementary school has been Green Day (even though they are nothing like our band) they are probably my main influence.

2. It changed me entirely in every way, I don't go a day without music.

3. I have really been into bands like "minues the bear" and "circa survive" lately. Also I have been addicted to For Today's latest album breaker. I lovvvve Asking Alexandria's newest album!!!

4. Do it, to it

5. No idea, didnt name it (haha)

6. We are all sexy bros;]

7. BALLER

Last, but not least: Jay O'Connor:


1. My grandpa. he played some pretty big shows in Vegas back in his day. Opening for Johnny Cash and others... He passed away before I was born, but he has always been my biggest inspiration behind music.

2. Music IS my life. I have not gone a day without music, since like 6-7th grade when it became an interest to me. Every rough and happy time I have ever went through in my life I have always had music by my side helping me with everything.

3. I listen to everything from acoustic, to pop rock to the most hardcore bands out there. Underoath will always be my number one. the amount of emotion and meaning behind every note they play is so inspiring. They don't scream to be trendy, they do it because there is no other way to express the amount of emotion they put in their songs. They are the best group of musicians I have ever seen and heard. In everything I play, I strive to achieve what they do in their sound.

4. Never give in to what other people say or want you to be. If you are trying to pursue music. Do it for what you believe in, not for what others want.

5. We are a Christian related/positive message type band I guess you could say. The name kind of went with the message we were trying to send to people. Plus i mean, it sounds pretty epic ;)

6. We are trying to send a positive message and you should not be so quick to judge people based on appearance or the sound of their music.

7. ♥ I'm using that as my word. I love these guys more than anything. they are my family. You cant be a successful band if you don't get along or are not united 100%. That is the most important thing and I could not ask for better people to create music with.

A band that not only plays great music, but loves each other: Upon Glory!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment