Saturday, May 14, 2011

Interview with The Secret Whisper

Here are the band members:

Joel - Drums
Jess - Vox & Keys
Chris - Bass
Tom - Guitar & Backup Vox
Billy - Guitar

Joel Forman answered the questions for the whole band!!!!

Here are the questions I asked Joel Forman:

1. what inspired you to play music?
2. how has music changed your life?
3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?
4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?
5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?
6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?
7. If you could describe your band in one word what would it be?


This is how Joel answered the questions:


1. My grandfather Michael Lynch, he was a big part of the country music scene around Brisbane in the 60's. He bought my first pair of drum sticks.

2. In such a big way, I look at music as art it has the ability to change some one's mood instantly. I could not live without music.

3. When we recorded our ep I was listening a lot of The Temper Trap, Pheonix, Jimmy Eat World and the way the drummer in those bands went about their work, influenced me with our cd.

4. Have a open mind, research the industry and music. I'm consistently online in the early hours of the morning finding new music and getting inspired. Also spend my money on good gear.

5. We wanted something the was easy to say and sounded contemporary so it was fitting for us. I think I came up with it and showed it to the band, they liked it.

6. I really enjoy cooking and red wine and that is thanks to my mother, she is an amazing women!

7. Humble

Check out The Secret Whisper because their music is definitely not quiet!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment