Saturday, May 14, 2011

Interview with Stereo Shout Out!!!!

Stereo Shout Out Band Members:
Travis Thompson - Vocals
Arielle Plock - Vocals
Asher Plock - Guitar
Dylan Woodall - Guitar
Jake Jones - Drums
Drake Oldham - Bass
Logan Brown - Tour Manager/Sound Tech

The highlighted names are the ones that I interviewed!!!

Here are the questions I asked each one of them:
1. what inspired you to play music?
2. how has music changed your life?
3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?
4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?
5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?
6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?
7. what is racing your mind before you go on stage?


Lets first start of with what Travis Thompson said:


1.) Well, its kinda a funny story. my grandpa actually pushed me to play guitar when I was like 13 or 14. When I started to get pretty good at it, I played and sang in his blue grass band called the "Kentucky Possem Ranglers"....I know right? When I started writing my own music, I realized what a true joy it could be.

2.) Music is my outlet for everything, stress, rage, happiness and everything in between. I don't really know if I could live with out it.

3.) Well my two favorite bands of all time are Say Anything and You, Me, and Everyone We Know. I draw a lot of vocal influence from those dudes, they are AMAZING!

4.) Hit it hard, give it everything you have got and more, and let NO ONE tell you no!

5.) Actually I really don't know! I actually was not in it when it first started, so I will ask the guys/girl and get back with you!

6.) I am a sucker for candy lol I want them to know that I think about them all the time, and I love every last one of them!

7.) That I want everyone there that night to have the time of their lives! its always about the party!

Next is the one and only Arielle Plock:

1. My parents are really the ones who inspired me to get into music!

2. With out music I don't know what I would be doing with my life and I feel like it has helped me be the person I am today.

3. I listen to a lot of different stuff, but my music teacher had kinda shaped the way I play music and sing.

4. Don't care what any one else thinks or says and write music the way you want it to be, never give up, just keep working for it and you'll eventually be successful.
Thats what my bands been doing and I feel like it will pay off someday [:
 
5. Well one day we all got together and our drummer Jake was like "how about stereo shout out?" haha it was as simple as that.

6. That i'm a really friendly person, I love to have fan friends!!!!!

7. Hopefully we all put on a good show, and that I won't fall on my face or something like that, haha

This is how Dylan Woodall responds:

1. My parents always played a variety of music when I was a kid. While listening, I would always pretend to be the drummer. On my 12th birthday, my parents actually bought me a drum set.
After that, I decided that I wanted to play any instrument I could get my hands on and dedicate my life to getting myself out there as a musician.

2. Music has made me the person I am today. I tell my story through music and try to help others with their lives through music. It also never hurts to just help people have fun with music. In short, my music is my identity.

3. The Decemberists, Forever The Sickest Kids, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Ludo, Jack's Mannequin, and too many more to list. They all have a special place in my music and playing style.
When I play for myself, I like to throw in harmonica and poppy, classic style melodies.
However, with Stereo Shout Out I like to use hard, driving rhythms.

4. If you want to pursue a career in music, don't let anybody stop you. People will tell you it's too risky or that it's one in a million, but you can't let that intimidate you. Be the one in a million.

5. It was a group effort. Names were just shot back and forth until we found one that worked for all of us. Not exactly an interesting story... haha

6. Despite my on-stage hype, I'm actually really relaxed off-stage.

7. I just think about how the crowd's reaction will be. My energy is a reflection of the crowd. That's why I like playing big, high-energy shows, because I know I'm going to give everything I've got.

Last, but not least Jake Jones:

1. In all honesty, in 6th grade I went to see the movie "School of Rock." I immediately decided I wanted to start a band. haha
Not the typical answer you get for that question, but it's true. Jack Black is the one to blame.

2. Music has had such a huge impact on me, it has helped me through rough times and helped make the good times even better. Music just makes ya feel good, and it's 90% of my entertainment. I have created many friendships from going to shows, and touring.

3. My favorite artists right now are Sara Bareilles, Trevor Hall, Murs, and Common. Although none of them are pop bands, like Stereo Shout Out, they help me get my creative juices flowing.
Those artists make me wanna play/write music forever.
My all time favorite band is The Morning Of, I draw a lot of influence from their drummer. For the past 6 years or so i've been listening to bands like Senses Fail, The Academy is, Taking Back Sunday, Underoath, and Coheed and Cambria.
Growing up with bands like that have helped shaped Stereo Shout Out into who we are.

4. The only advice I can give is to always put your 110%. It takes a lot of effort, and time. Never give up on your dream as a musician, because I had my doubts, and I am now doing a lot of the things I dreamed of. From a different stand point, it takes money, sad but true. You gotta have legit recording, merch, and show people that you can do it on your own! Be professional! ;)

5. As lame as it sounds, Asher (our guitar player) and I were brainstorming. We liked the phrase "shout out" and wanted to incorporate the word "stereo." So "Stereo Shout Out" is what we came up with haha. It is a lot better than the first name we had, "Sunlit Sanction." bahahaha

6. I would like the fans to know how much effort, time, and casho'la that goes into this band. We do it all for them, I mean, yeah it's fun for us, and we love it but, we also do it to meet all the cool people out there and play music for them!

7. Every night before a show, I do some stretching and get warmed up. Usually, I am thinking about that hottie in the front row... and hoping that I don't screw up (haha kidding). Besides that, I think about how lucky I am to experience this and how much fun it is. I couldn't ask for more. I love every moment with these dudes!



Listen to this band because their music brings color and meaning to your life!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment