Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Interview with Alan Ashcraft (Drummer) for Across The Sun

Here are the members of the band:

Brandon Davis-Vocals
Shane Murray- Keys
Sam Hafer- Guitar
John Malloy- Bass
Alan Ashcraft- Drums
Alan Ashcraft said that he would like to speak for the band and so here are the questions plus answers he typed:

1. what inspired you to play music?
2. how has music changed your life?
3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?
4. where did you get the name of your band from?
5. What do you want your fans to know about you that they might not already know?
6. what is going through your mind when you go on stage?
7. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music?
1. I was inspired at an early age to play music. I purchased my first drum kit at the age of fourteen. My step dad, who was in several local bands growing up, taught me the basics of songwriting, and showed me many of his old live performance videos.

2. It's kept me out of trouble sure. Haha. It consumed much of my teenage life. It's also taught me how to work with others in a creative setting, and the persistence required for such endeavors.

3. I listen to a ton of European influenced Metal and Ambient Hardcore. I love the subtlety behind each genre. They tend to both utilize bombastic tones/notes that greatly appeal to my ear.

4. The name just sounded as epic as we planned on being musically. :-)

5. I want them to know that I have a knack for eating disgusting items off the ground. I've even placed a contact case in my mouth that was IN Dennis' (singer for Affiance) penis. I'm easily the Jackass of the group. ;-)

6. I'm usually scoping out the crowd and hoping they're as stoked to see us as I am to perform for them.

7. Don't do it. It's really hard.

Across The Sun is a band that understand tough economic times because their cloths/accessories are 30% off and that is basically a steal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment