Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Interview with Justin Calalay (Guitar/Vocals) for SO CONTAGIOUS

Here are the members of the band:

-RYAN MCMANUS - 19 - Vocals/Bass
@RyanLMcManus

-JUSTIN CALALAY - 20 - Guitar/Vocals
@JustinCalalay

-TJ ROUTON - 20 - Guitar/Vocals
@TjRouton

-WESLEY MOORE - 20 - Drums
@WesleyMoore
Here are the questions I asked him and he responded right below them:

1. what inspired you to play music?

I was inspired to play music from a young age. My mom would take me to whatever concerts I wanted and that is what started it all for me.

2. how has music changed your life?

Music changed my life in a very big way. I started playing in bands when I was 15 and by the time I was 19 I dropped everything in my life to play music full time.

3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?

I listen to everything from rap, rock and country. The older music got me started for sure, but music is just a continuation of something that was already there, so I guess that's how it shaped my music.
4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?

I would say before pursuing music as a career just make sure it's a passion and not a hobby. Also, if you are in a band make sure that all of the people in your band are 110% committed and know what the consequences are.5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?

We were all really into a band called Acceptance and they coincidentally had a song called, So Contagious so we went with it.6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?

I usually try and stay connected with fans, but I guess one thing they may not know is that I am in to meditation as a way of staying centered and stable. 
7. what is racing your mind before you go on stage?

Before I hit the stage, I am just focused on giving the crowd a good show. Maybe thinking about what I am going to have for dinner after lol.

So Contagious is a band that's name says it all because after one song of theirs you are so addicted to the way they play music and sing!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment