Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Interview with Elenora

Here are the members of the band:
Alex - Vocals
Justin - Bass
Casey - Guitar
Victor - Keyboards
Curtis - Guitar
Nick- Drums

I interviewed Nick Taylor and he is representing the band!!!

The answers that I thought were very interesting are in bold lettering!!!

Here are the questions and Nick's responses are under it:
1. what inspired you to play music?

I lived in a small town right after my parents' divorce when I was 11 years old and music was really my outlet at that time because it seemed to express a lot of the same things I was feeling. I started the 5th grade and it just so happened (and I'm very thankful) that music class was mandatory at this particular school. I got started playing percussion in the school Concert Band. I guess I must have liked it.
2. how has music changed your life?

Music has really been the only way for me to fully express myself. I don't know where I would be if I had never discovered music. Probably dead. At this point it's becoming a career choice as well, so I guess in short it is really just BEEN my whole life.
3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?

Growing up, I was always a fan of bands like The Fall of Troy and The Number 12 Looks Like You. Always been a fan of progressive music, especially very EMOTIONAL progressive music. To date, they are the only two bands I've ever seen live.
Nowadays, I think my musical influences have widened quite a bit. Pop music from any era is something our whole band enjoys a ton because of how creative the vocals are. Really in pop music the vocals function as the main instrument. I think like a lot of metalcore bands, we draw a lot from hip-hop as well. Heavy hip-hop tends to be very similar to music with breakdowns. We all also have a genuine affinity for all types of indie music and I think that will come out quite a bit in the newest set of songs we are finishing up.
4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?

I guess if you are looking to make money doing music you better get used to letting a lot of the artistic side of things fall by the wayside. If you are truly in it for love of the art be ready to live with your parents for as long as they'll support you. All of the touring bands do it. From day one, I'd say get the best gear you can get. It's really all about how much money you can put into self-promotion at first and you have to be ready to make a lot less than minimum wage for most of the time you're in a band. As well, hanging out in a van with a bunch of other people is very very stressful. It's not for everybody.
5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?

Long before I ever joined the band, it was called Marietta. Due to a lot of things, the band eventually decided they'd use the name "Eleonora," taken from an Edgar Allan Poe poem. As far as I know, it turned into "Elenora" due to a need for a simpler spelling. There is another band right now called "Eleonora" that's pretty awesome too. It's unclear to me whether or not they were around before we were.
6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?

I guess that doing interviews is such an amazing thing and that it means a lot to me.
7. what is racing your mind before you go on stage?

I think it's usually something along the lines of "I sure hope I've warmed up enough." As I'm getting on stage, though we usually get some cheers and stuff.. that part is really great.. something like, "I'm stoked to put on a show for all of these people" most often pops into my head. I still get butterflies too. No matter how many shows we play.

Elenora is such a great band that it seems like everyone wants a piece of what they are offering. Don't be left out and see how they can fill your music requests!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment