Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Interview with Sienna

Here are the band members:

Viana Newton- Vocals
Rob Stubbs- Guitar
Gregg Vigneau- Drums
Zach Brock- Bass
Alex Beattie- Guitar


The names that are bolded are the ones that got interviewed!!!

Here are the questions I asked them:
1. what inspired you to play music?
2. how has music changed your life?
3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?
4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?
5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?
6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?
7. what is racing your mind before you go on stage?

This is how Viana Newton responded:

1. Music is something that I grew up around and I was immediately passionate about. My mom's a singer and her side of the family is extremely musical. My great grandfather was a trombonist who played with some of the greats like Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong and Desi Arnaz. There was no way that I could grow up and not have a passion for music!
2. I don't think that I have enough space to write all of the ways that music has changed my life, to be honest. I'm just glad to have something that I'm in love with doing and something that makes me feel alive. Music has given me an outlet that enables me to express any feeling that I might be having. There aren't many things that can express any emotion possible. I'm blessed to have music in my life.

3. I listen to EVERYTHING from Say Anything or Boys Night Out, to Copeland, Blink 182, Lydia, Good Old War, Circa Survive, Pierce the Veil, Something Corporate, Weezer ( The list is far too long to continue! ) Listening to all different kinds of bands help shape your sound and also lets you appreciate different kinds of music.

4. To those who wish to be musicians... Well, just always remember to do what you love, and never forget to stay passionate about what you do, that's what it's all about.

5. No great story here! We needed a band name, and I was reading an article about Siena, Italy. I liked the way it sounded. The boys didn't like it at first, but it grew on us, and here we are!

6. I'm actually still in High School, and I'm the president of my senior class! Total nerd status over here :)

7. The second before I go on stage, I am SO excited and pumped up... I'm literally just counting the seconds until our set starts so I can run out on stage and rock out!

Next up is Rob Stubbs:
1. Even growing up I loved and was drawn to music. Since I've started playing I haven't been able to stop!

2. Music has changed the way I see my outside world and everything around me.

3. Lately I've been listening to Thursday, Rufio, The Starting Line, and Lil' Wayne. Everyone got to have a little gangsta in them! They helped shape who I am today as a musician by laying a basic foundation on how to write a hook. Any band I listen to, all I do is study them and how they perform.

4. My advice would be to never give up. No matter how pointless everything seems, you just got to follow what you believe in. Cause if you don't believe in yourself, who will?

5. Hahaha where did the name come from.. ok well . . it kinda just came out of no where one day at practice. I had brought it up and it somehow stickied so we just naturally ran with it.

6. In the winter, we practice at Viana's house in front of the Christmas tree. It is the most incredible thing. ever.

7. Before I go on stage all I can think about is "I can't wait to get out there, and feel the rush" There's honestly nothing like hearing hundreds of people singing out your lyrics.

http://www.facebook.com/brocklobster

King Philip Regional High
Last, but not least: Alex Beattie:
1. I was inspired to play music by feeling the emotion connection it made to me when I listened to it, and seeing that it could do the same in others. I wanted to be a part of that!
2. Music has changed my life by introducing me to almost every friend I have to this day, and giving us lots of great memories and lots of things to look forward to.
3. I listen to so much different music these days it's hard to pin down what inspires me, but I learned to play guitar by playing along with bands like Weezer, Blink 182 and Thursday, just like many other kids my age!
4. My advice to folks who want a career in music is to pursue it because you love music, that's all. Sometimes there's no money to be made, but if you love what you're doing you'll be just fine.
5. We must have thrown out about 300 names while we were trying to settle on something, and this was the one that we could all agree on. It doesn't really have any deep meaning behind it, but I think that the way it sounds fits the tone of the band, and it really rolls off the tongue!
6. Something I want the fans to know that they might now know already: The whole band loves and appreciates everyone that takes the time to listen to us, and we also love kisses and hugs, so if you're at a show, don't be shy!
7. Before I go on stage, I'm usually focusing all my attention on not peeing my pants from all the excitement.
Sienna is a band that is committed to their fans that they go out of their way to make sure that they are loved in every way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment