Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Interview with Brandon Walden (Guitar) of Amely

Here are the members:

Petie Pizarro
Patrick Ridgen
Nate Parsell
Brandon Walden


Here are the questions I asked him and he answered right below them:

1. what inspired you to play music?

When I initially started playing music what was most inspiring was all the life experiences I was enduring at the time. I was going through a lot of different extremes and I found music and art as a way to express myself and control my understanding of the things happening around me.

2. how has music changed your life?

Well I've been studying and practicing music heavily for over 10 years, which is almost half my age, and over that time music has changed me in many ways. The greatest impact it has had is keeping me stable when nothing else feels like it is. Music hasn't only changed my life, it's saved it too.

3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?

I listen to a lot of bands that our fans might not expect. I listen to all genres of music but at the top of my most played list are - Tom Petty, Brad Paisley, Jimmy Eat World, Foo Fighters, Minus The Bear and Coldplay. The list goes on and on but those are a few. Every form of music I listen to shapes me and the music I create. I'd say the way it affects most is by inspiring me to work harder to achieve the things they have. When I hear something great it makes me spend more time writing and trying to find something great to call my own.

4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?

If you completely sure of what you want to do I have always believed you should spend all your time and energy pursuing it. Like anything, having music as a career isn't all that you would expect, but when you love something you know how to get through those things and focus on whats important. I'm not seasoned enough to be giving at this point I would say if you want music as your career be prepared to work as hard as you will have to anywhere else. That and also ask yourself how patient of a person you are and if you think you really have it in you. A lot depends on that.

5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?
Amely is a name Petie came up with as the title of his solo side project during his first band. It stands on it's own, it doesn't have a definite definition. He wanted something that wouldn't label the band without someone listening.

6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?

I'm a black belt in Karate. True story. Don't pull pranks on me.

7. what is racing your mind before you go on stage?

The same thing every time, please don't sweat too much tonight and let's see how crazy I can get tonight without looking like a complete fool.

Amely is a band that fearless records help bring to the spot light and so you know they are exceptional!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment