Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Interview with Armando Sanchez (Drummer) for Before the Flood

Here are the members of the band:
Jara Jurado (Guitar/Clean Vocals)
Calder Pearce (Synthesizer)
Fruittari Tommo Itoh (Bass)
Vincent Bombolo (Guitar)
Armando Sanchez (Drums)
Here are the questions I asked him:
1. what inspired you to play music?
2. how has music changed your life?
3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?
4. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?
5. where did you get the idea for the name of your band?
6. what do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?
7. what is racing your mind before you go on stage?

This is how he responds to them:

1 I would have to say my cousin tony. I got into playing every instrument, but my main is DRUMS :)

2. Music has changed my life in so many ways. Like meeting new cool people and working with different types of musicians. I have been on tour once and I love it/miss it.

3.I listen to R&B, Rap, Rock: Hardcore and Post-Hardcore, Jazz, Inde, Alternative Rock, and Experimental Bands. I pretty much listen to anything, but country. I do listen to Johnny Cash and Elvis, but there more like counrty rock I think (haha).

4. Don't try to play music unless you are thinking big because if not go home (Just kidding haha). If you get into playing any type of intrument and you feel like it is a part of you, then keep it up. Always be open minded about any type of music, even country (Just a little though haha).

5. The idea for my bands name came from my old front man, Blake Levy from, TODAY WE LIVE and my current band mates Jara and Calder from, BEFORE THE FLOOD.

6. I'm a drummer with a passion for music and I have been through a lot. Almost died twice, but I'm still playing music and I'm a nice person if you ever see me after playing a show. Don't be afraid to say hi or if you see me anywhere else.

7. Does my drumset look good and not like its all slanted/weird. To not get to excited because then I will play to fast lol.

Before the Flood will flood your brain with real music that is emotionally based and will keep you wanting more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment