Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Interview with Tom Davin (Drummer) for The Sophomore Beat

Here are the members of the band:
Daniel James: Vocals, Bass (@DanielBeat)
Mike Prue: Guitar, Vocals (@tsbrocker)
Andy Bohren: Keyboards, Vocals (@Andybeat86)
Tom Davin: Drums (@TomDavinSays)I put the most important parts of his answers in bold lettering to make his real messages come out!!!!

Here are the questions I asked him and he responded right under them:

1. what inspired you to play music?

When I was about 10 years old, a good school friend of mine got a guitar for Christmas. I thought it was so cool that he was learning how to play, and I wanted to learn an instrument as well. A few months later, my mother helped me buy a cheap drum kit from a pawn shop so my friend and I could start a band. The rest is history.

2. how has music changed your life?

Music has changed my life in every way imaginable. I’ve been performing for over a decade now, and it has been the center of my life ever since I started. I would have never visited parts of the world, or met the incredible people in my life had it not been for music.

3. what bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?

Well, it’s a bit cliché, but my favorite band is The Beatles. They’ve inspired me to become a more creative musician.

4. where did you get the name of your band from?

Our singer/bassist Dan dropped out of college his sophomore year to persue his musical career. He started the band and named it The Sophomore Beat, hence he would be a sophomore forever.

5. What do you want your fans to know about you that they might not already know?

That they have made my life worth living and I love every single one of them.

6. what is going through your mind when you go on stage?

I want to have as much fun as possible. I’m concentrated on making sure everyone watching us is having just as much fun as I am.

7. what advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music?

To not give up. There is a lot of hard work involved and it can be tough, but if you have as much fun as I do, then it’s all worth it.
The Sophomore Beat have a variety of music that will make you want to listen to them and they are a band that keeps growing constantly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment