Monday, August 29, 2011

Interview with Godless Requiem!!!

Here are the members of the band:


Mathieu Lantagne - Lead guitar & Vocals

Rafael Dagenais - Rythm guitar

Dave Savoie - Bass

Keven Filiatrault - Keyboard

Mathieu Gutierrez - Drum & Back vocals

Here are the questions I asked them and below is their group responses:

1. What inspired you to play music?

We always dreamed to play music in a band, to share our own songs, and our own music with everyone. We are very inspired by the things that happens in life, of flowers, like we can be inspired by the death of a close person to us.

2. How has music changed your life?

Personally (Mathieu Lantagne), it changed my life in every point. My brother and my father died recently, so I can play guitar by my feeling. My band to me is my family, we help some of them when they need it. We are now very close to each other.

3. What bands do you listen to and how have they inspired your music?

 It depends, we all listen to different music. When we compose our song, we are very based on amon amarth, ensiferum, things like that. We dont want to copy them because we try to have our unique sound, but we try to keep the little folk, melodic death have catchy riffs.

4. What advice do you have for others that want to pursue music as their career?

We can't say we have a career yet, but I would say go by your feeling. Do what your fans want, by doing what you like. We do what we can and we learn by the crowd.

5. Where did you get the idea for the name of your band?

The name of the band, hehe. We were with our old line-up. We were talking about a name .. when Daud(the bassist) I think, Shoot ''Godless Requiem''.. We all did like .. wow .. it sounds really good !! We did not even know what it meant (Cause we are french). But when we discovered it, we really liked the meaning.

6. What do you want your fans to know about you guys that they might not know already?

We want them to know that we love them !! Haha :P:P
7. What are you guys thinking when your on stage?

Mathieu Lantagne (Singer/Lead guitar) : The only thing racing in my mind before going on stage is only to not miss my solo's and to remember my lyrics.

Rafael Dagenais (Rythm Guitar/Lead guitar) : Before a show, I always hope to impress people with what we do cause melodic death metal is now pretty rare, since everybody is trying to make some brutal death or deathcore. I also hope that we will be tight and we will hear each other, so we could do the best of ourself.

Keven Filiatrault (Keyboard) : The kind of stress before going on stage is just so a great feeling. So I just can't wait to play our set.

Daud Savoie (Bass): I try to think about nothing and relax.

Mathieu Gutierrez (drum/back vocal ) : I take it easy, just a little stressed, but I relax.

Godless Requiem is an interesting name for a band and if you are a person that likes music then you should take 5 minutes of your time and check out their music on their facebook page. It would allow you to witness the greatness called: Godless Requiem!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment