Monday, August 29, 2011

Interview with Nick Durso (Lead Vocals,Guitars,Bass) for The Nurso Experience!!!

Here are the members of the band:

Vocals, Guitars, Bass - Nick Durso
Drums - Elmo

Nick Durso is representing the band and below are the responses to the questions I asked him:

1. What inspired you to play music?

I grew up in a family that is very talented in music. My grandmother plays piano. My dad, uncle, and all of my cousins play guitar. My dad also has played violin since he was very young. I love music, whether I'm just listening or playing.
2. How has music changed your life?

Music has been a constant in my life. I have been listening and playing music ever since I could comprehend what it was. Writing is a big part of my everyday life. Whether that involves playing my instrument or listening to other music for inspiration.
3. What bands do you listen to and how have they influenced your music?

The two biggest influences, regarding my writing style are A Plea For Purging and The Contortionist. Listening to them has made my writing style more "djent"-ish. Other bands that inspire me are Gwen Stacy, Means, Misery Signals, The Acacia Strain, and Oceano. I also listen to a lot of classical music. Mozart is my idol.
4. What advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?

I would tell them to just go for it. I can tell you that if you don't try, you will never know what will come out of it. I have had a lot of people come to me with "advice" on how to "make it". I always tell them, "I wouldn't know." (haha)
5. Where did you get the idea for the name of your band?

Back in high school, a friend of mine started switching the first letter of your first name and the first letter of your last name. For instance, my name, Nick Durso, would be Dick Nurso. Ever since then people have been calling me that, including my producer, Jordan. He asked me the first day of recording, "what are you going to call this? The Nurso Experience?" And it stuck.
6. What do you want your fans to know about you that they might know already?

I'm just making music that I would want to listen to. I never thought that people would actually like it. The Nurso Experience was just something for me to do when I'm not doing my other band stuff. I'm in the band NoLoveLost.
7. What are you thinking when you are on stage?

 Man, I have to piss.

The Nurso Experience is something you don't want to miss and for more information about The Nurso Experience, go like the facebook page. So be left out and once you find out what The Nurso Experience is, lets just say you won't want to go back to your boring meteorically lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment