Friday, August 26, 2011

Interview with Kenny King (Vocals) for In Fate We Trust!!!

Here are the members of the band and how to get connected with them:


Kenny King-Vocals

Adam Watson-Guitar


Here are the questions I asked him and below are his responses:


1. What inspired you to play music?

Living my life with my headphones in for sanity is what inspired me, seeing some of the best out there do what they do inspired me to make music. Music is the only thing that can make me sad, angry, happy, joyous ect... all at the same time. Leaving all my raw feelings on the stage is the best feeling in the world hands down.
2. How has music changed your life?

Music has gotten me through times that I never thought possible. Its saved me from myself in many instances, it is like meeting a random girl your never met just map your life out in a matter of minutes with their music and their words is just a surreal feeling sometimes. I swear some people wrote their songs with me in mind thats how accurate they can be. I wish to touch people on that level.
3. What bands do you listen to and how has it shaped your music?

The Devil Wears Prada has always been there to help me shape my vocals, hearing mike scream was always just lightening hitting my ears and I loved it. I listened to underoath when I first started screaming, but what they all showed me was to create your own sound and thats just what I have been trying to do. Now a days it is like Of Mice & Men, Motionless In White, Attila and just so many more. It is unreal because the list just goes on and on.

4. What advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?

To the others that are tryin to live their dream, never lose sight of what your doing it for. I do it for my family and my loved ones, for the music and to send a message that all is possible. When you put your heart and soul into it, never give up on your dreams because they will never give up on you. Stay true to you and what you believe and dont let anyone take it away from you.

5. Where did you get the idea for the name of your band?

As far as the band name, we went through countless ideas just sitting in practice and Zach said something like "In God we trust". We all sort of had the same ehhhhhhhhhh no look on our face and he spit out In Fate We Trust. We were like yeah thats better and boom thats how it started lol
6. What do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already?

I want the fans to know that I am just a normal down to earth guy who was brought up with nothing just trying to make a name for myself and live out my inner most desires. Music is my passion because it always gets me and I want to make people feel the way music has made me feel. I do it for the fun and the challenge, but of course for all the fans who make everything possible. With out them I might as well just throw my music out the window, they are the flame to our torch!
7. What are you thinking when you are on stage?

The first thing to rush through my head before we go on is "kill it, give it your all just like last time and leave no stone unturned". I feel that anticipation as soon as I touch the mic and I just focus all my energy, plus emotion to my gut. I scream all my energy out and just try to make sure everyone in the crowd is feeling the power music puts out!

Kenny King puts his heart and passion to making the band: In Fate We Trust a memerable band that you can tell your children you knew who they were. I listen to their songs everyday and I can relate to every single one of their songs, as if it were song for me. If you take the time to like their page and listen to just one of their songs. You will be suprised how it relates to your life as if it was meant for you!!! Kenny mentioned that the fans of In Fate We Trust are the flame of the musical torch they carry everyday :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment