Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Interview with Lucy Levinsohn (Vocals) for Evolove!!!

Here are the members of the band:


Lucy Levinsohn (vocals)
Billy Berman (bass)
Dave C (Guitar)
Colby Jensen (Guitar)


Lucy Levinsohn is representing Evolove!!!!

Here are the questions and below are her responses:

1. What inspired you to play music? 
 
Both my parents were very musical.  I have been feed a healthy dose of Rock N Roll since birth (haha). In elementary school I joined the band and I have never looked back.

2. How has music changed your life?
 
Music is what drives me. Its hard to say how music has changed my life because it was always there. I guess if I did not have music I might have been a little more normal :)

3. What bands do you listen to and how have they shaped your music?

My musical taste varies A LOT!!!! Currently, I listen to a lot of Rise Against, A Day To Remember, and I mix it up with a little Adele and Kesha.  Some of my earlier influences are stuff my parents introduced me too, like Tom Petty and U2. I am drawn to great lyricts and energetic lead singers.

4. What advice do you have for others that want to pursue in music as their career?
DON'T DO IT!  I'm only half joking. Unless music is ALL you want in life, I would suggest any other career path. Music takes 100% dedication and does not generally have a great paycheck attached.  Educate yourself in the business, learn your craft, network, and never give up.

5. Where did you get the idea for the name of your band? 
 
I wanted a band name that was a palindrome. Using the word Love, I found our bands name.  It is very fitting because it is our never ending love of music that propels us.

6. What do you want your fans to know about you that they might not know already? 
We are pretty open with our fans. I'm not sure what they don't already know.  I open the door to any questions our fans have.  Got a question? Hit us up online.

7. What is racing through your mind before you go on stage?
My mind is racing all the hours before the show: Is the set list done? Is the guest list in order?

Right before we actually hit the stage the only thing going through my mind is putting on a great show!!!

Evolove is a band that you know you want to like on Facebook because they are so unique. By listening to their music you will know what I am talking about. Lucy tells all about what Evolove is about and so if you want to get to know more about a band that likes creativity, then check out Evolove!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment